five. the tomb

HIS OTHER DAUGHTER |five

five. the tomb
@ vficsxx

        THE NEXT DAY, ONCE SCHOOL HAD ended, Stefan, Elena, and Athena waited until it was dark out to go and dig up the grave. Stefan drove over to pick the two up, then made his way to the graveyard.

"Emily Bennett?" Athena says, looking at the tombstone of the grave.

"She's an ancestor of Bonnie, apparently," Elena says. "She was the one who put the spell on the tomb, at least according to the legend.

Stefan grabbed three shovels from his trunk, Athena let out a small sigh. She had never even known this woman but it still felt wrong to dig into a dead ladies grave.

"Sorry, Emily," Athena whispered as she traced her fingers along the letters on the tombstone, her touch against it began to glow red.

Stefan dropped the shovels. "It's doing it again..."

"Doing what?" Elena says, curious on what was happening to her sister.

Athena immediately removed her hand from the tombstone. "I- I don't know..."

Athena spun around, hearing someone walk up behind them.

"Damon?" Stefan says.

"You lied? No surprise there," Damon shook his head in disappointment. "But you," he looked at Athena, "you had me fooled."

"I knew you'd try and do this alone," Stefan says.

"Of course I would, because the only one I can trust, is me!"

Athena looked down at the ground. She felt almost bad for him, but she didn't want someone who looked exactly like her sister to ruin their lives.

Damon had his eyes set on Athena. Anyone could tell there was something going on through his head at that exact moment. And, there was. Damon vamped over to Athena. He bit his wrist and held it close to her mouth, forcing her to drink it with his other arm around her neck.

"What's it gonna be Stefan, huh?" Damon hissed. "I'll snap her pretty neck right now, and you know I will."

Athena looked at Stefan, shaking her head. "Don't do it..."

"Shut up!" Damon yells.

"Okay... Damon, okay," Stefan says with a nod, setting the book on the ground.