ten. athena and summer

HIS OTHER DAUGHTER |ten

ten. athena and summer
@ vficsxx

UPON ENTERING THEIR HOME, seeing John Gilbert, their uncle and Elena's father, which Athena just recently learned about, Athena gasped. John had been stabbed as well as his fingers had been sliced off. She had quickly rushed him to the hospital, and when she arrived she got a call from Damon.

"Hello?" Athena said.

"Hey," Damon said through his cell phone. "Did you hear? Caroline's in the hospital."

"What? Where? Which room?" Athena asked immediately, feeling panicked, knowing how badly injured her best friend could be.

"301," Damon replied. "Her and Tyler got into a crash during the festival last night. Not sure why or what happened."

Upon hearing those words, Athena ran through the hospital halls after saying goodbye to John, finding room 301, seeing Damon speaking to Elena.

"Are you crazy?" Elena said to Damon as Athena approached.

"What's wrong?" Athena asked as she entered their conversation.

"Athena, darling," Damon said. Darling? Athena thought. He had to of been trying to win her over on something. "Isn't it a good idea to give Caroline vampire blood? I mean, she's in a hospital nobody can kill her while it is in her system! And she would heal up."

Athena hesitated, firstly deciding to ask a question. "How bad is she?"

"She doesn't look like she's going to make it."

Upon hearing that, Athena sighed. Caroline was her best friend and she loved her to death, but of course that doesn't mean she wants her best friend to die. She had been through so much with Care since elementary school, so of course she agreed.

"Do it."

~~

A while later after Damon gave Caroline some vampire blood, Athena was talking to Caroline. That was, until she said she wanted to rest. Athena gave her a nod as she exited Caroline's hospital room to give her some privacy and quiet for a nap. There, she was once again greeted by Damon.

"So..." he started as he cleared his throat, "are we going to talk about last night?"

"Yeah, Caroline almost died! I wonder how Tyler—" she was cut off by him.

"No, I mean at your house."

"My house? You weren't at my house last night, Damon," she responded, looking at him confused.