one. pilot

HIS OTHER DAUGHTER |one

one. pilot
@ vficsxx

          WAKING UP ALWAYS SEEMED DIFFICULT to Athena, but it was even more difficult when she seemed to help her Aunt Jenna with almost everything that had to do with her siblings. Athena hated it, but she always did it. No matter what, she cared for them. After all, she is the oldest of the three and her aunt hardly knows how to take care of herself.

Athena gets up extra early every morning before school to cook breakfast for Jeremy and Elena. It was normally just something simple, like pancakes or toast. Today she made pancakes with bacon and eggs.

"COME ON! BREAKFAST IS READY!" Athena yelled up the stairs, as she sat down to eat her own breakfast. Her aunt was in the bathroom, and her siblings came down stairs. They both made their own plate of food, taking a seat with Athena.

"Today's the first day of school so don't do anything stupid," Athena says, targeting the message more towards Jeremy.

"No promises," Jeremy joked, or at least Athena hoped it was a joke.

Aunt Jenna came down stairs, her hair wet from her shower. "Good morning kiddos!" Aunt Jenna was always in a good mood, no matter what. The three have always appreciated her because she took them in when they needed her the most, after their parents death.

Miranda and Grayson Gilbert are the parents of Athena, Elena, and Jeremy. Elena and Athena were in the back seat of their car when it drove off of Wickery Bridge. It was a miracle the girls even survived. They somehow got out of the car, although neither of them remember being able to get out.

The deaths have impacted their lives so much. Athena and Elena act okay after everything that has happened, but Jeremy has been spiraling ever since. He's been getting high and drunk almost everyday.

Elena and Athena bonded more together, since they were so close in age. Athena was only a few months older, and they were in the same grade.

Elena and Athena were walking through the halls when they seen a kid with sunglasses walk into the main office. "Woah, new hottie," Bonnie said, walking up beside them.

"All I see is back," Elena laughed. "It's a hot back," Bonnie chuckled as Athena laughed and shook her head. "We have to get to class," and they began to go in that direction.

The girls took a seat in class, looking around. Most of the people were quiet and not very talkative. The teacher walked in and began roll call. Name, after name, after name. What a bore. A boy walked into class late, the same boy from the office. "You're late," the teacher said.

"My apologies. I'm new, I was in the office," he said. He had black sunglasses on, blue jeans, and a black leather jacket. He hair was blonde, which was... cute.

"Sunglasses off," the teacher said, and he removed them. He looked mysterious, as if he had something to hide. It was weird, but hot.

He took a seat behind Elena, but next to Athena. Class began, and Athena could see him staring at her sister. Of course, Elena was looking back.

Class seemed to drag on and on, but finally once the bell rang, Athena went to her next class which she had with her best friend, Caroline Forbes.

It was science, one of Athena's least favorite classes, but it was better with her best friend there.

She walked into class, taking a seat and then Caroline walked in, being her sweet bubbly self. "Athena!" she smiled, running over to her as she took a seat beside of her. Athena smiled and gave her a hug. Caroline and Athena talked through the lesson, not caring about what the teacher had to say.

"You should come over today! We can have a slumber partyyyyy!!!!" Caroline said cheerfully. Athena agreed and laughed.

School ended, after it felt like forever. Athena walked to her car and got inside, excited for the slumber party. She started her car as a Crow landed on the front of it. She ignored it and drove herself home to get her things.

~~

"Jenna!" Athena yelled, looking around for her. She didn't see her around, which made her worried. "Jenna?" she asked, knocked on her door. "I'll be out later, Thena!"

"I'm going to Carolines for the night, just thought I should let you know!" Athena says, going to her bedroom to pack a few things. Hairbrush, toothbrush, clothes, etc.

When she left, she drove over to Carolines. She parked out front and ran to meet her inside.

They hugged and talked about what they were going to do. "Makeovers, oh! Prankcallssss! We can call Bonnie and Elena," Athena laughed along with Caroline.

After a while, they were busy doing the makeovers. Caroline was curling Athenas hair when the room got cold.

"Geez, did your mom turn on the AC?" Athena asked, but then suddenly the lights went out and the girls screamed.

"What the hell is going on?!" Caroline yelled.

When the lights turned back on, there was a Crow on the windowsill.

"That- that was closed.." Athena said, her voice shaky. The girls talked it over and decided to go outside and see what was happening. Athena was terrified, but she was curious. When they went out, they seen a guy standing there. Dark hair, mysterious. He was hot, at least to Athena.

"Who are you?" Athena asks, scared for her life, "did you do that to the house?"

"You're the one I've been searching for," he says.

"Excuse me?" she scoffed, "come on Caroline let's go inside."

"You really don't know?" he spoke before they could walk back inside. "The secret, the death of them all?"

Athena looked at him, confused. "What?"