Unpotted Plants

All she could do was stare back at him speechless for a good minute.

“You’ve gone mad,” said Meerab finally, in a low voice shaking her head. She was still in his hold but she had stopped struggling against him and was looking up at his face in pure disbelief.

Murtasim smirked at her flushed red face. “Come on Meerab. Think about it. I’m honest about what I want from you. That should count for something no?”

“No Murtasim. You need to let it go and forget about whatever happened yesterday! It was just a mistake,” said Meerab, hoping he would listen to reason.

“What did you say just now Meerab? That I’m too confident in my own brilliance? Well I’m brilliantly confident you’re about to have wild imaginations about the nights we could be spending together.”

Meerab’s eyes widened. He’s gone insane! Someone’s hit him on the head with something, that’s why he’s behaving like this!

He relaxed his hold on her wrists and slowly ran his hands up her arms, gauging her reaction to his gentler touch. His touch over her thin cotton top felt like it was igniting her from deep within. Meerab instantly pushed his roaming hands off of her shoulders.

“How could you be so-so immodest? Immoral? You of all people Murtasim!?” exclaimed Meerab. Hate him though she may, if there was one thing she knew for sure, it was that Murtasim didn’t sleep around. He was strict in upholding traditional morals and principles.

Murtasim scowled at her accusation and snapped back, “Look who's talking! The first time in your life you get touched by a person of the opposite gender and it had you rubbing yourself wantonly against my thigh. Guess we both just found out that we’re immodest and immoral.”

Meerab had no words to spew back at him. She was truly speechless. He won this round!

“You know, this is one of the rare occasions where you don’t have an insolent comeback for me,” said Murtasim looking at her thoughtfully. “I’ll cherish this moment as a win! Anyway, back to my offer. Let’s spend some nights together and get our sexual frustrations out of the way. Think of our time together a bit like a one night stand. We’ll be back to hating each other the very next day we’re done quenching our thirst. Simple!”

Meerab let out a scoff, pressed both her hands his against chest and shoved him away with a forceful push. “Get your filthy mind out of the gutter!” she hissed at him.

Murtasim only smiled with mirth dancing in his eyes. He turned back to the store room door and pulled it open.

“Do give some thought to my proposal,” he said before stepping back into the corridor.

“Your indecent and disgusting proposal!” sneered Meerab at his retreating back.

“I’ll be waiting for your answer!” he called back to her, before walking away.

Meerab let out a breath she didn’t realise she had been holding. Then she realised her lips were still burning pleasantly from Murtasim’s searing kiss.

I’m so screwed!

*******************

Meerab was glad the day was finally over and the weekend would start tomorrow. She’d lost all concentration at work since the store room encounter with Murtasim and it was futile to continue to try to focus on pesticide regulations. The only things that need regulation are my raging hormones!

She was in her bedroom after having taken a long shower in the hopes it would relax her. It didn’t. She now lay on her bed trying to push away all thought and empty her mind, but Murtasim’s suggestive words kept making their way back into her brain, disrupting her peace.