Shrine

Trigger Warning: Mild violence and other ick-inducing behaviours.

.
.

Meerab stirred. She was starting to gain consciousness. Her head was pounding. She opened her eyes slowly and looked around. She was in a room with no windows. It looked like she was in a basement of some sort.

It was surprisingly well kept though, and looked nothing like the basements out of horror movies. It looked like it was a rich person's basement that would be at the bottom of a very large and fancy house. It was a very wide and spacious area.

The ceiling was painted a vivid white. Circular, bright lights lined the edges of the ceiling. The flooring was glossy white tiles. There was absolutely no furniture apart from two tall, metal candle stands that reached from the ground to the middle of the wall in size. Each held an unlit candle. Apart from that, the basement was entirely empty. There was only a small, grey rug on the floor. Meerab was lying on it.

Meerab pushed herself up onto her feet despite feeling groggy, then looked around once more. There was a set of stairs in one corner, which no doubt, was the only way out of the basement.

The walls were covered by fancy-looking, decorative wooden panels. They reached from the ceiling down to the floor, hiding the actual walls of the basement entirely from sight.

The moment Meerab had processed her surroundings, the memory of how she got there in the first place hit her like a sack of bricks. Panic began to set in. Chest heaving with frantic breaths, Meerab tried to think of what to do next.

It was just as she was thinking this that she heard the door of the basement open. She whipped around, feeling terrified. Her heart was beating at an alarming rate.

It's the man who abducted me!

In stepped the man dressed in the grey hoodie and wide sweatpants. He shut the door behind him, locked it on the inside and pocketed the keys. Then he started making his way down the stairs. Slowly. Agonizingly. Meerab could only stand and stare, frozen with fear.

He finally came to stand in front of her. He pulled off his mask with one hand and pulled down his hoodie with the other.

"ROHAIL??!!" gasped Meerab.

Meerab felt like someone had reached inside her skull and scrambled her brain. Nothing made sense.

Why the fuck did Rohail kidnap me?!

She looked at him with an expression of pure outrage on her face.

"What on earth do you think you're doing?!" she hissed. "Is this meant to be some kind of joke?"

Rohail's expression hardened. "I'm fixing your errors," he sneered. "You had to go running off to be a slut didn't you? But no matter. I will fix this now."

"What the fuck are you even saying?" spat Meerab, growing angrier by the second.

"What I'm saying is that it should've been ME! You should've loved ME! The way I love YOU!" he spat back, pointing an accusing finger at her face.

Meerab shook her head in disbelief. She was quiet for a moment as she digested what he had just said. "No. No way," she said in a quiet voice.

"Yes Meerab! I LOVED YOU! I PINED FOR YOU! AND FOR SO LONG! So how dare you go and love that Murtasim?! Who gave you the right!?"

Meerab gave a scoff of outrage. "You sound deranged. You have no right to tell me what to do and I don't give a damn about your feelings!"

Rohail's temper shot higher with Meerab's casual disregard for his feelings. He went red in the face.