Chapter 13: Mate

"I'll leave you two to talk; I'll see Novy first." 

Brother, I gave you your chance; you have to grab it! I may not want you to meet Luma at first, but I can't be a heartless brother. After all, if you are happy then it will be easy for me to be with Vand. 

The house had two floors and three rooms upstairs. It was easy to locate which room they were in because of the guards standing outside. It was not a big house, and though it had a rustic feel, it still had a trace of modernization in it.

One of the guards knocked on the door, informing Yvon of my presence. "Boss, Mr. Wenfri is here." It felt like being a guest in my own house.

There was a series of thuds! Bang! Aww! inside, and then the door was flung open. "Caesium!" A crying Koala embraced me with his two arms around my neck and two legs around my waist. He was not a child! He was a grown man, and he was heavy!

"Get down and wipe those tears." Glad he seems to be okay.

"Oh. Oh. Sorry, I miss you! So, did you have sex with that alpha?" After not seeing each other for a week, him being caught by Yvon, and me being worried about him, all he cared about was if I had sex with Vand. I still love my friend. Yeah, I do.

Inside, Yvon was looking at us with a murderous aura. I'm afraid to even glance at him. Novy noticed it and whispered, "Don't worry, I tamed him." Uh. Thanks, I guess?

"Can we talk in the other room?"

"Of course, of course! Let's go." This omega did not realize that the alpha inside wanted to shred me to pieces already. I can smell an alpha's pheromone covering his body, and though it makes me nauseous, I still have to pretend that I don't.

"Novy," a faint voice called inside. The alpha with a murderous gaze was calling Novy in a pitiful voice, "You're leaving me alone?" The heir of the Van Dale can give this look. Oh, what a wonderful world.

Novy stopped in his tracks and asked me to wait, and then he went inside to embrace the alpha, kiss him passionately, and whisper things I didn't even want to hear. Then, before leaving, he let Yvon bite him on his nape. The alpha was glaring at me while doing it sending me a message that Novy belongs to him.

Speaking of nape, there was an old bite mark on it. Novy was marked!

After appeasing his alpha, Novy came back to me, dragging me into the next room. Excuse me? This is my house! When the door closed, Novy jumped at me while giggling, "I have an alpha!"

He was so happy that I didn't have the heart to ask him anymore. Yvon was not his enemy, but mine. Asking him to leave Yvon would be cruel and a bastard thing to do. "I can see that; congratulations on being marked."

That was sincere. I was happy for this psycho.

"Right? I am a marked omega, and Yvon was so good to me."

"So how did it happen?" I asked, wondering what resulted from this. When we parted, he told me he would help me, but even in my wildest imagination, this situation did not come to mind. I was not aware that this was the help he was thinking of.

"You see, I roamed around outside his house one day, saw him get down from the car, and he was handsome. My heart beats rapidly. My inner wolf was telling me to mate with him, and he felt the same, so we mated."

"We mated for four days non-stop. Caesium, have you mated with that alpha?"

So, Yvon was Novy's mate. The glow in Novy's eyes can't be contained and it was a clear manifestation that my friend is indeed happy.

It was taught in school that when you find your mate, your desire to be bitten will be aroused in an instant, your mind will tell you to submit to your alpha, and you will bear your gland naked to him. This was true for Alpha as well.

Their desire to monopolize their omega, bite, and impregnate them will occupy most of their minds. Nobody can stop an alpha, even if you beat them to death.

"So, what do you plan to do now?"

"I will stay with Yvon, of course! That guy can't live without me anymore."

When an alpha mark his omega, the alpha will be twice as possessive as before. So, Novy's saying that Yvon can't live without him anymore was true. Yvon will always look for Novy's scent to ease his anxiousness.

The alpha will be more jealous of people, whether alpha, omega, or beta. No one can touch their omega. However, my guy here tamed his alpha and was allowed to jump on me!

Speaking of mate, why did I not feel like that with Vand? Am I not Vand's mate?

"I will still be an assassin, though." He was checking my hands like he used to and saw the bruise on my knuckles, his brows raised but did not ask me anything. Maybe, he already knows what happened and was already planning for revenge on those three alphas.

"Are you telling him about it?" I asked, wondering if he would keep it a secret.

"He knows! I told him while he was tied with a rope."

Tied in a rope?! Wait! "You mean, Yvon lets you tie him?" Wow! I'm proud of my guy.

"Yeah. He also likes it when I spank him. Hahaha..." Oh. Please. Stop! I don't need to know the details... But about spanking, I would want to be spanked instead.

"He also said that he will legally fight your company and won't scare you because you are my brother." To all the deities out there, thank you for giving Novy to me. I promise to remember this blessing all my life!

Knock! Knock!

"Novy," I guess someone could not wait. "How long will you talk?" It was the sound of someone being left behind. Even I felt pity for that tone of voice, but of course, I could not be fooled! 

"Go, let's talk again next time."

"En. I will cuddle with him for now." Novy was glowing and was surely happy.

When I went outside, I saw Yvon still standing there while Novy was clinging to him on all fours. "I assumed Novy told you already. I will keep my word; I hope to get along with you in the future for my lover's sake."

He left without saying anything more. It was good to come up with this truce; I owe one to Novy in this life. "Bye-bye, Caesium! Call me, okay?" Thinking about it, they were a good pair. Yvon was mature and knew what he wanted, while Novy was immature and just went with the flow.

So, is this the end of all that chasing and scaring? It was fixed so easily that I doubt it's true. Love can fix things this way, huh? I'm starting to think that love truly is a wonderful thing.

Going down the stairs, there was no shadow of Hydro and Luma. No way! Did he tie up my brother? I checked the kitchen, the living room, and even Luma's room, but they were not there. "Hey, where's Luma?"

One of the four guys playing cards answered me, "At the back."

I ran to the back of the house, hoping to save my brother from early death, but what I saw would cause my early death instead! My brother, Hydro, was leaning on the wall with his hand around Luma!

What the hell happened when I'm gone?! It wasn't even an hour! Damn, this alpha wastes no time at all!

"Take your hands away before I cut it off!"