Chapter 24: Twisted Mission

Prettiville Villa. 8PM

Tonight is chilly, and there is a hint of rain coming—the perfect cover for a murder.

Nah. Kidding, tonight we will be giving a lesson to a lovesick alpha who only knows how to show his love through violence or deceit. This is not part of my job, but I pity that poor little omega that will blindly fall into this alpha's trap.

The villa was so huge, and the security was tight. However, it is an easy-peasy entry for me and Vand. My soon-to-be husband seems to be such a good burglar in his last life that he can open any door, pass any prying eyes, and pave the way for me!

"Who are you?!" the alpha, who seems to have just finished his bath, was startled to see us. In all fairness, he is a handsome alpha—not as handsome as Vand, of course. He got those abs, Vand still had those best abs, and he seems to be intelligent. My alpha is way more intelligent, I bet.

We wore a mask to hide our faces; it was a red mask with fangs and looked really creepy on a gloomy and rainy night.

He ran towards the door, but I immediately tripped him, and Vand held both his hands at his back. I have to cover his mouth in case he shouts like a weak alpha. I'm saving his face! "A judge," I said, answering his question.

He was struggling so much, but Vand was stronger, so it did not affect him much. While I was tying his feet and hands, I started a one-way conversation with him: "So, you like that omega." When he heard it, his demeanor changed and the aura surrounding him got spooky.

He stops struggling, and his eyes start to glare at me, throwing daggers, and if it is a real dagger, I might have been wounded already.

"Does crippling him guarantee that he will love you back?" We tied him in a chair, and the alpha did not even move but continued to stare at me. His eyes were showing anger, but it seems to be not directly to me.

"Why not pursue him in a normal way? In the future, if he finds out that you cause his pain, he will only hate you. How much love will turn into so much hate. Can you handle it, or will you cause more pain to tie him to you?" I sat in front of him and said seriously, as an omega who can't accept such kind of love.

I sighed and leaned on the chair as I finished my sentence, "You will kill his soul."

In that instant, the alpha's eyes widened, fear overpowered him, and he struggled again not to get free but to speak. I let Vand take the tape in his mouth, and the first word he said was, "Save him!"

Did I enlighten him that easily? But his next word made me alert: "My brother was after him. He is obsessed with Kylie. Save him... Save him from my brother." He was desperate, and his reddened eyes were full of pleading.

Was he talking about his twin brother? Is this a drama where I am good on the outside, bad on the inside, and my brother is a villain, but actually I am the villain kind of trope?! What kind of family drama is this?!

"Who is Kylie's mate?" Vand spoke, his voice deep and cold.

"Me." The alpha in front of us dropped his head, and soon his body shook, and tears fell from the gray robe he was wearing, making that spot darker. "But my brother kept on threatening me that he would kill Kylie if I bonded with him."

He is his mate? Then it's a done deal! Why???

"But he still plans to hurt him; is it worth it?" Vand said.

The alpha was silent for a while before speaking in a hoarse voice, "W-what do you want me to do? I- I am afraid of my brother; I am afraid of what else he could do to Kylie... What do you want me to do?!!"

A weak alpha. An omega like Kylie does not deserve to be torn between these brothers.

Vand kicks him in the stomach. I can see the disgust in his eyes. "Your brother is obsessed with you, not with Kylie. He threatens Kylie and not you. Your brother can't hurt you, but he can hurt your mate."

The fear in the alpha's eyes doubled, and he seems to be searching in his mind about how the hell Vand knew about it. Actually, I wonder too. How did he know? I was not aware of it!

Vand grabbed the alpha's hair and lifted that head to face him. "You are using your mentally incapacitated brother to get Kylie so you could lay your hands on his family's fortune! Disgusting bastards like you is the reason why omegas choose not to bond with their mates!"

That's a lot of information, and I can't process it. Where did he learn about it?! I am his partner in this mission; why leave me blinded?

Before I could sink myself into that information, the alpha tied to that chair laughed evilly. He was void of that innocent alpha from before; he looks like a devil who was so proud of what he had done. As if what Vand said confirmed his greatest achievements in life.

"HAHAHA! Right, I don't like him, but because of that mate thing, I have to be with him. But it was okay because their money was truly tempting. HAHAHAHAHA... If he is well, how can I touch their treasure?! He should be crippled so I can act like that pitiful alpha who devotes his life to a useless omega! HAHAHAHAHA!"

Not all mates like their mate? Is this for real? Am I that lucky that Vand likes me back? No, Vand is lucky that I like him back. I don't understand. It's not about wanting Kylie or not; it's about the wealth, the money, and the power. He was after it, and it just so happens that Kylie is his mate.

As I was thinking, I heard a loud scream of pain. Vand broke the alpha's legs and still did not stop there. He also broke his right hand, leaving the left hand as a gift. "Omegas are not useless," he said in his most chilling voice.

The plan was that I would do all the work, but seeing how Vand was angry, I would excuse him for not following the plan.

"Let's go home, darling."

Hurried footsteps were approaching, so Vand took me away in a flash, leaving the alpha screaming in pain.

"I will shower you with kisses later to wash your eyes of that shitty thing. "

My mind was buzzing. I guess I love Vand even more now.