Chapter 1

The Queen slowly fell down on the black and white board. I'm sure it did it on purpose to tease a little extra, but I wasn't complaining.
-Fucking shit, Blaise cursed. But at least he wasn't throwing the board of the table like he did last time.
-Don't use bad words just because you're bad at something. Pansy looked up from her "Defense Against The Dark Arts" book. I giggled. I shouldn't have.
-And what are you laughing about? It was hilarious to se Blaise Zabini this upset. This was the fourth time I'd beat him in chess this week.
-YOU. You and your temper. I stole his last knight. Check mate.
-There is no way you didn't cheat.
-Or, against all of the odds, maybe you're just bad?
Pansy gasped and pretended to faint while I tried to stop him from hitting me with a pillow. I failed. It was a Wednesday night and we were all together in the Slytherin common room. Pansy studied, I beat Blaise in chess, Crabbe & Goyle ate all of the chocolates they'd stole from the kitchen earlier, Mattheo rolled one of his cigarettes, and Draco I hadn't seen in a while. I didn't know him very well. Pansy was my best friend, Blaise hung out with us when he wasn't with Mattheo and Malfoy, and Crabbe and Goyle I knew, but I just didn't hang out with them. Probably because they were such pains in my fathers ass. But I liked my life, I loved my father and my friends, and the people that I was surrounded with. I knew myself pretty well too. I knew that I loved easily, for example how I'd had the biggest crush on Professor Lockman, my second year here. I smiled at the thought of it. I'd convinced Pansy to stalk him with me that year, and begged her to ask him to sign one of his books, because I was too shy.
Some year fives walked in and sat themselves in front of the fire. It was already 21:14, and I hadn't even opened my textbook for tomorrow's test with McGonagall in Transfiguration. It was easy, and I didn't have the energy for it. Blaise was about to put the chess board away, and I was about to head upstairs when Malfoy stopped him. I hadn't even noticed him until now.
-Let me play with you. His green eyes caught mine. He sat down and tilted his head against the couch we were sitting on without breaking eye contact. My heart beat went faster. I didn't like him, but he was stupidly good looking.
- I'm about to head upstairs, it's late. I was about to get up as he placed a hand on my thigh.
- Scared I'll beat you, Princess?
Princess wasn't some cheesy nickname, thank god, if it where I'd never let anyone use it. But because everyone knew that my father was the Halfblood Prince by now, apparently calling me Princess was genius. I wasn't a huge fan to be honest. He moved his hand from my thigh as I sat down again, thank god.
- Fine, you can always call your father when you loose.
Blaise snorted from his corner, then he went back to a confused face as he eyed the Transfiguration book. Malfoy looked unamused.
We started playing and it went pretty well, but he wasn't better then me, I noticed so pretty early. I caught his eye contact once, but I looked away quickly. I'd spent a summer or two in Malfoy Mannor. My father and Draco's family were friends, but we weren't. We didn't talk when we were there, I mostly only stayed a week. I hung out with Mrs Malfoy, who was quite lovely, and sometimes I brought Pansy or Astoria, or even Millicent. Me and Draco didn't talk a lot.
He lost. As I went upstairs, followed by his pissed face, i almost died of laughter. He looked more annoyed then usually. Blaise on the other hand, was happy to have someone else loosing.
-See? I knew she was cheating, if Malfoy can't beat her, it's impossible!
-Shut it man, you're ridiculous.
-Now you can start a club, Blaise finally has a second member.
I would've gotten pushed down the stairs by Blaise if I hadn't ran.
I got undressed, took my makeup of, and brushed my hair out. My hair was dark brown, almost black, curly and thick and pretty long. I liked it. I eyed myself in the mirror a while.
-Scared I'll beat you, Princess?
The words went through my mind. The name sounded different in his mouth. I hope i didn't blush when he'd said it.
My bed was made and cozier than ever as I cuddled in under the blankets. Princess. For the first time, it didn't sound that bad, I touched my thigh. He'd touched it. Not for a long time, but still. I didn't like him like that, but he was hot. Good looking, but also such an asshole. The way he bullied Granger, and the younger kids and Potter, even though I wasn't the biggest fan of him either, it was rude.
If anyone else would've tilted their head like that, I probably would've cringed, but in some way it wasn't weird when he did it, just insanely hot.

Princess. I was a Princess. And I needed professional help for still thinking about that. I tried to find the right button to turn my brain off that night. Perhaps I should ask Goyle?