Chapter 7

TW-ED

Esmeralda

We made our way down to Hogsmeade, Draco and I. The leafs were red and yellow, it was windy and ice cold, and the sky was grey. I loved autumn so much. And I loved walking here with Draco.
- Still cold? His grip of my shoulders became tighter.
- It's fine, are you?
- I told you, Princess, I don't get cold.
Then he touched my glasses.
-Didn't know you had these. They look good.
I smiled. Wide. Maybe I looked stupid but right now I didn't care.
We entered the small village.
We talked. Or maybe I was the one talking, but still, he was listening.

Draco

I could listen to her talk all day. She was like a little sunshine, a little kid. Her voice sounded like a bird singing. I loved it. We sat down at Three Broomsticks. It was still early, so we were the only ones there, besides an elderly couple a few tables away. It glad me that no one else was here, especially nobody from school. We ordered and then she kept talking. Her favorite food, about school and how much she loved reading. And I loved her, but I'd fucked up, and I didn't wanna tell her. I'd never forgive myself.
-You wanna go get some sweets later? I'm starving!
She made me happy, I wasn't hungry, but I knew how hard food was for her, I'd eyed her a little before. I really hoped she ate.
-Sure love.
-Love. She smiled. It's pretty cute. I know it's a weird question but. She went silent when the waiter came with our drinks.
- But what? I eyed her beautiful features. Hopefully she didn't notice.
- I don't know how to say this, but are we a thing? I like you and I don't know...
She started mumbling, talking fast and a lot, I couldn't help thinking of how cute she was.
-Esme?
She kept speed talking. I got up, got her out of her seat and excited the bar, outside it she looked shocked.
-Breathe love.
She looked red and embarrassed, I didn't want her to be, I wanted her to love herself as much as i did. I couldn't help myself, I kissed her. Her lips soft, gentle and lush. She answered the kiss. I pulled her into me and held a hand on her hair.
- Does that answer it?
She smiled, looked chocked and really happy.
-I like you Dray.
She didn't say I love you.
-I like you to Princess. Now let's go get some sweets.
I didn't just like her, I loved her. But I'd messed everything up before we'd even started.

- Hey guys! Pansy came up to us as we returned from Hogsmeade.
-Hey girl! How was the game?
Esme smiled, I didn't look at Pansy, I looked at her.
-It doesn't matter, how about we throw a party?
She looked ultra hyped. Esme laughed. I rolled my eyes.
-Sound great Pansy, but are you sure? Where'd you get that from?
-Again, it doesn't matter. Where throwing a party, invite every Slytherin, and get some hella good drinks.
While Pansy walked away to torture Blaise with her idea, I wrapped an arm around Esme. She leaned against my shoulder. I didn't wanna hide this from anyone.
-I'm just gonna study, do you have any plans?
I checked the time. It was lunchtime and she looked nervous.
-Yes I do, I'm having lunch, and so will you.
-I'm not hungry.
-Esme, please stop it.
All of a sudden our chemistry was gone. Her eyes looked wet and red. Her spark disappeared in a second. What had I done? I just didn't want her to starve herself, if she wasn't actually hungry, her stomach wouldn't have growled like that.
-You don't get to tell me what to do, leave me alone.
Her voice was neither sweet or happy. It was cold, and a little sad. She pushed my arm away.
-Esme please, you deserve to eat.
She looked up at me, with tears in her eyes, and a angry energy that I hadn't tensed. She was eating. I wasn't letting her starve herself.
-Why can't you just mind your own fucking businesses when it comes to what I eat?
I'd never heard her talk like that, so angry. My blood boiled.
-Because your food habits aren't fucking normal Esmeralda! They're not healthy either if you think so.
She shook her head, and looked me dead in the eyes. She took a step back. I wanted to hold her again. Hug her and kiss her tears away, and I wanted her to eat.
-You really don't understand do you?
-Understand what?
The hallway was empty and we were outside the common room.
-I can't eat whatever I want Draco! Nobody wants a girl like that! We're either to fat or to muscular, to skinny or our love for food is to strong. No girl will ever be good enough. So leave me alone. Because no one will ever love a girl who isn't perfect.
Now she was crying, her words cut deeper than a knife.
No one will ever love a girl who isn't perfect.
Then why did I love her?

The day had took a wild turn. Our visit and the chemistry we'd shared in Hogsmeade was gone. Esme's dorm door was closed. I couldn't help myself. I had to talk to her. I'd been rude. And I felt weak, but who gave a fuck? It was Esme. I had a plate in my hands, with a piece of blueberry pie. She loved that.
When she didn't open I considered banging the door, but Pansy passed by.
-That's cute Dray but she's not in there.
-Then where the hell is she?
I placed the plate i front of her closed door.
-She's at her fathers office, she'll be back in a couple minutes. But hey, can you help Blaise with the Honeybeers? There's like 200 of them and I don't want him to drop them.