Chapter 10

Esmeralda

I was happy. I know it sounds cheesy, and it was, but I really was happy. Because i was dating the boy I never thought I'd dream of, but now I did. Every second I wasn't with him, I missed him. Pansy was driving me insane these days, because the only thing she'd talk about was how cute we were, and how I never was with her anymore. Which wasn't true, we hung out a lot, all of us. Pansy, Draco, Mattheo, Blaise and me. We had fun, we went down to Hogsmeade, we bullied Weasley ( I want to say I mostly watched Draco and Blaise do it) and we hung out in the common room. I hadn't slept in my own dorm for days, I slept in Draco's, it was forbidden, but somehow we got away with it. We didn't do anything special in particular, just kiss, and read, etc.
Today all I could think of was what I was gonna do about my father. He'd specifically told me that I should stay away from Draco, and I hadn't listened. But the when he asked if I still hung out with him, I obviously lied, and I didn't wanna lie to him.
-Relax munchkin.
Pansy looked at me dead serious with a pained expression, she held her mask for about a second before we bursted into laughter during breakfast.
-Munchkin?
She hit her hand on the table so that Blaise's tea spilled all over it.
-I wish you guys could just act normal for once.
He looked annoyed as hell.
-Well I wish you could erase your face so that i didn't have to look at it every day, but we all have our dreams.
I died. Pansy almost died too, but because Blaise tried to strangle her across from the table. Eventually Draco and Mattheo sat down as well. Blaise looked thankful.
-Hey Malfoy, isn't there a game tomorrow? Don't you have practice?
He looked up.
-It's tonight dumbass, and yes I do, I just got back, why do you think I'm late?
Blaise looked chocked, so was I. He looked extremely annoyed. I tried to discreetly look at him, and he caught my gaze for a second, before he stopped. Nobody knew what to say. And awkward silence filled our table, until I finally finished my meal, and left.
-I'll see you later Pansy.
-Bye!
I left, why was Draco so weird? He'd been fine last night, I thought so at least. It had been a week, and he'd been totally fine the entire of it.
I had no plans today, which kind of annoyed me. I went back to the common room, and into my dorm. I made my bed, took a shower. Washed my hair, found my contacts and did my makeup. I painted my nails and changed my clothes. I felt fresh. I continued to clean my room, till someone knocked on it. I opened and Pansy walked in.
-Hi, I'm sorry for leaving breakfast.
-Oh no that's fine, but are you coming?
-For what?
-Well the game starts in three hours, and..
-And what Pansy?
-Something fun is gonna happen!
-What?
-You are gonna thank your best friend, because she's so amazing, because she has money to go shopping!
I didn't answer, I just grabbed my bag.
-Let's go!

We walked down to Hogsmeade, and all the way to the Honeydukes. We stuffed our pockets full, checked out everything else, and stayed till there was only about thirty minutes left till the Quidditch game.

We ran up to the castle again, I wanted to wish Draco good luck, he'd seemed so mad during breakfast. Was he mad at me?
We made it just in time for everyone to walk up to the field, and the players to get to the locker room. There he was.
-I'll be right back, save me a seat!
I told Pansy and walked up to him from behind.
-Hi.
He turned around, but I froze when he faced me. His face looked normal, but he looked upset. Cold. What the fuck?
-Are you nervous? I tried, he looked at me, his gaze cold.
-Not really. It starts soon, you should go.
-What's wrong?
-What are you talking about?
-Why are you such an ass?
-Esmeralda shut up.
-Did I do something wrong?
-Esme it's not that.
-Then why are you-
-I need to go.
I took a deep breath, to clear my mind and relax. It worked pretty well.
-Draco?
He turned around again.
-Yes?
-Go fuck yourself.

Damn. My temper was as short as Blaise's hair.
I found Pansy in the crowd of people, she'd saved me a seat.
-Are you okay?
She asked, while players in green and blue entered the field, and in the middle, Madam Hooch. I didn't hear Pansy's answer through all of the cheers, the speaker and the wind.
And the players where in the air. I could see Draco's body in the air, far away. He was an ass, I hadn't done anything to him, maybe it was his friends? I cared about him, and I was way too nice sometimes. I should just-
-ESME!
Pansy's scream was all I heard before a smash of something hard, hit my head, and everything turned black.

Draco

My day had started great, but the second I came from morning practice, I got a letter from the owl tower, from my father.

Dear Draco
Please may I remind you to be around company that grows your social abilities and is family appropriate.
Your father
Lucius Malfoy

No small talk, no greeting, nothing else. Just straight up fucking criticism. I thought it was fine and ignorant, until I opened the other letter:

Mr Malfoy
Please may I tell you to keep your unappreciated abilities away from my daughter, to not intrude her mental wellness.
Mr Severus Snape

What the fuck? How did they know? And how was this my fault? Two letters, telling me to stay away from Esme. This week had been awesome, and it was ending like this?

I ignored her all day, and my chest pained when I saw her leave the table, with a sad expression, how she'd eyed me, with a concerned face. Nobody looked at me like that. And I ignored her. I ignored her gaze and her words.
Go fuck yourself
I probably should.
-Malfoy! Focus!
Flint and his disgusting teeth screamed at me, high up in the air, with my eyes full of tears because of the wind, and my ears filled with the cheers of the crowd. Focus. I was a seeker, i hated to admit it, but I was a pretty bad one. But that stays between us.
I really should've focused, because the second Flint screamed at me, a bludger in full speed came at me, and I missed it within seconds. As I was shaking, a scream so loud that the whole game stopped shattered through the field. Madam Hooch blew her whistle. Everyone stopped. The scream was there again and a bunch of people started shouting and getting closer to a certain place in the crowd. Wait, that was Pansy screaming.
-Time out! Madam Hooch screamed.
Was Pansy hurt? What the fuck was going on?
I flew closer.
-Get the fuck out of my way Weasley.
I pushed the gingerhead out of my way. And everyone else blocking my sight. I was completely annoyed when my heart stopped. Pansy wasn't hurt. Esme was. Her eyes closed, a big bruise on her head and blood dripping out of her nose.
-Get out of my way mr Malfoy.
Professor Snape moved everyone out of the way, as somebody carried her out. She'd been hit by the bludger. The bludger that missed me. I pushed people out of the way, I screamed. No way in hell was I playing anymore. She was hurt, so hurt. And it was my fault.

The last thing I'd said to her was mean, what if she didn't wake up? What if she-No. Shut it Malfoy.
I followed Pansy and Dumbledore into the Hospital room, with Madam Pomfrey.
-Children, I'm going to ask you to leave, NOW.
Pansy shook her head, crying like a baby. Esme was in there. She was hurt, she didn't see me. Maybe she thought I'd left her? I wasn't going to leave, never. Pansy cried even louder, leaving. It was now eight, and it was already dark. She was hurt. The picture of her, bruised on the ground made me nauseous.
-Thanks a lot Malfoy, why play a game when you can just run after a hurt bitch, am I right?
Fucking Flint. My knuckles bled as I punched him.
-Sectumsempra!
-Malfoy!
Snape. I froze, the spell missed Flint, and he walked away with a grin.
-Mr Malfoy. You should be happy that I have other things to deal with today.
He shock his head and left.
I had to get to her. I had to get to Esme.