6. Sweet 16

So here's what you missed on Gleeboot:

Mia was the most popular girl in school, the head Cheerio, and Alex's girlfriend but then she cheated on him with Lucas and ruined everything. She promised she was going to be a nice person now even though someone wrote insults on her locker but nobody knows who it was. Mona started smoking weed and skipping classes which concerned Perla, Dominic, and Kat who were watching her so carefully she snapped and now she's quit glee club. Yikes. At least there's Mia's Sweet 16 to look forward to now, right? Right? Riiiight?

And that's what you missed on Gleeboot!

------------------------------------------------------------

On Saturday morning, Mia slept in her canopy bed, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips as she gradually gained consciousness. 

She sat up, stretching her arms out and then remaining there over the plushness of her luxurious california king mattress. Everything around her was adorned with soft pinks, perfect for a princess such as the one Mia had always seen herself as.

She reached up to her eyes, where a satin sleep mask was shielding her from the light. As she gently removed it, she blinked into the morning light that filtered through lacy curtains inside her bedroom.

Today was the day.

She had been eagerly awaiting this for as long as she could remember. Her sixteenth birthday!

As she went through her morning routine, Mia couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement as she imagined the party that awaited her. It was going to be a day filled with celebration, glamour, and the chance to shine like the princess she was. 

After the slight derailment from Mona's outburst the day prior, Mia had gone home and put everything from school behind her, focusing on herself and her party. She spent six hours in a salon chair, adding blonde highlights to her already beautiful, silky hair. She was freshly waxed and her skin was glowing from the cream she had worn to sleep. Now, she looked perfect.

Today was her day, and Mia was determined to make it unforgettable.

Mia made her way downstairs, her heart full of anticipation. Throughout the first floor of her house, staff were working tirelessly to set up for the party. Her mother, Leslie, was in full-on boss mode, directing a small army of workers to ensure that every corner of the house looked perfect for the impending Sweet 16 party. The elegant decorations, exquisite flowers, and tasteful lighting were all part of Mia's vision, and Leslie was determined to make it a reality.

"The party isn't even inside," Mia pointed out with a laugh.

Spotting her daughter descending the grand staircase, Leslie paused for a moment to greet her with a warm hug and a bright smile. "Happy birthday, my darling Mia," she said, grabbing a gift from a nearby accent table and holding it out for her.

Mia returned the hug, her eyes sparkling with gratitude. "Thank you, Mom," she replied, eagerly taking the gift. She carefully untied the ribbon and opened the box to reveal a stunning necklace with a pink amethyst stone, carefully chosen to complement her outfit for the evening. 

She smiled up at her mom, but her smile soon faded as she glanced towards the grand entrance. "Is Dad here yet?" she asked.

Leslie gently cupped Mia's cheek. "Not yet, sweetie, but he'll be here soon," she reassured her. "Don't worry."

Mia nodded, trying to shake off her concern. She knew her father's busy schedule often led to delays, but she couldn't help fear he would miss the whole night, just like he had missed Thanksgiving. As her mom went back to bossing staff around, she turned her attention to her phone, which was buzzing in her pocket. Friends and acquaintances were sending their birthday wishes, but there was one group in particular that she hadn't heard anything from—the New Directions.