11. Disney Part 2

Life for Ricky had changed over night. He arrived at school and people were actually acknowledging him. Random guys greeted him. Girls waved at him and giggled with each other when he waved back.

He had no idea how this had happened so suddenly, but it put a little pep in his step.

As he made his way to Elizabeth, he felt a little more confidence. "Good morning," he said merrily.

"Hey!" Elizabeth smiled. "You're in a good mood! And you should be. Are you still feeling the adrenaline from yesterday?"

"Yes I am," he nodded. "But... I can't even hold this back. After the game something really strange happened."

He was about to tell her about "Caesar" when a freshman Cheerio named Irene approached.

"Hi Ricky," she said.

Ricky looked around, confused. "Me?"

She nodded. "I heard you're, like, super good at math. I was wondering if you could tutor me in your free time."

"Tutor you?" he repeated, confused.

"I need your attention for like ten minutes," she said, yanking him towards her.

"Oh you mean literally right now," he said as she dragged him away.

He looked at Elizabeth fearfully but the latter said, "That's ok. Go ahead."

And before she even finished her sentence, he was already gone, down the hallway where Irene took him to a group of Cheerios, who disappeared with him into a classroom.

Elizabeth sighed and turned to see Perla, Mia, and Lola standing there. "We saw that," said Perla.

"You're really dumb," Mia told Elizabeth bluntly. "How could you let them get their claws on him?"

"It's harmless," said Elizabeth.

"It's not," said Perla. "After yesterday's game, word has spread that Ricky is the soccer team's hero. Now every girl is desperate to get in his pants."

"It's true," Lola corroborated. "On the bus, two girls were talking about how cute he is and how they never noticed it before. And one of them said she wanted to corrupt him."

Perla nodded and Mia said, "If you want to secure that boy you need to lock him down ASAP. Before one of those vultures snatches him up."

"I think you girls are exaggerating," said Elizabeth. 

"I think you're not understanding what's happening," Perla disagreed. "Ricky's social status just skyrocketed. And with it, girls' interest in him. Just watch."

[🎶"Zero to Hero" from Hercules🎶]

Mia: Ohhh yeah!

Mia led the way for the girls, taking them towards the doorway of the classroom Ricky was in with those Cheerios.

Mia: Bless my soul! Herc was on a roll! Person of the week in every Greek opinion poll!

He was surrounded by Cheerios. Behind him, Kat sat with a few other classmates, who were all beaming over his presence. She watched in amazement as the girls drooled over him.

Kat: What a pro Herc, could stop a show! Point him at a monster and you're talking SRO!

As the bell rang and Ricky walked out with the Cheerios following him, Elizabeth and her friends backed out of the way and Perla pointed as if to say 'I told you so.'

Perla (Girls): He was a no one (a zero, zero)! Now he's a honcho (He's a hero)!

Elizabeth trailed behind them, surprised by just how much of a tail of girls started to form behind him.