Kaishi City Arc: Chapter 46

==Metallic colossus==

At last, there is one fight, still raging. On top of the roof, Semmb, Embara, Shurui and Raiden are still facing Tesura who has now become a huge and chaotic robot construction.

“Elimination Mode: active. Emergency power supply: on.”, A deep robot voice reads.

They all look shocked and surprised. Tesura doesn’t hesitate any longer and starts shooting a lot of sharp, metallic debris. Semmb thinks quick and builds “Yum Kaax’ Holy Forest!”. Roots quickly grow and cover all area around them which would be half the roof.

Semmb encases himself inside of his own roots and shouts: “Me is taking fight to third dimension!”

On top of the roof there is now the metallic colossus on one side and a tightly grown jungle on the other side.

Raiden says: “Thank you! Like this we have some sort of safe area and we can fight in the air.”

Embara comments: “You really outdid yourself. You’ve got my respect, man.”

Raiden walks back a few steps and looks for the sniper but he is nowhere to be seen. They all prepare for battle and the forest clears a little so they can start fighting. Embara takes out his axes, Raiden charges up the “Rabbit Boots!” and Shurui shows a thumbs up emoji. They start dashing forward on the roots on opposite sides. Tesura starts shooting his debris at them again but Semmb's roots block them. While they still come closer, Tesura forms a huge arm out of the debris to stop Embara's way. Embara can’t walk any further and his axes start getting sucked in because they are magnetic as well.

“Shit!”, he moans as he tries to pull them out again.

Meanwhile, Raiden still runs forward and jumps right into the colossus. It looks like he floats midair while he rapidly kicks the metal construct.

“Overcharged Rabbit Kicks!”, he shouts and a wave of electricity shortly manages to stir up a short circuit for a second.

It didn’t really do anything to Tesura but Embara was able to pull out the axes and the arm fell off.

Raiden lands in front of the colossus and asks loudly: “Now what do you think about this? My lightnings are dangerous!”

He holds his fully charged fists in front of him and shouts: “Induction: Overcharge!”

The lightning flashes right through him and turns off the energy supply for another second. The construction turns unstable and Shurui uses the opportunity to climb into him from behind. Namely, she flew all the way around the building to come from behind. Now that there was an opening, she could go inside. She installs herself into the system and the little opening closes again.

Shurui says: “This doesn’t seem to work. If the boys manage to disturb the system again, I could maybe hack into this thing.”

Tesura shouts from the inside as if he was controlling a mech: “How about I ask the same questions? Why the hell do you annoy me so much?!”

He aggressively shoots more debris and this time they slowly even cut through the protective roots.

Semmb shouts: “Take cover near me!”

They both run back to where the roots are thicker and can withstand the debris.

Embara nervously asks: “How are we supposed to do this?”

“I’ve got a plan which involves him moving just a little more backwards. If we do that, we should get a chance to defeat this monstrosity.”, Raiden explains.

He shouts up to Semmb: “Do you think you could push him with your roots, woody?”

Semmb answers: “Not by all myself!”

“Great!”, Raiden shouts as he clenches his fists.

Raiden starts to rush in again, pulling all of Tesura's concentration onto him. Debris fly his direction but he dodges them with some stylish dance moves. He then punches a few of them and after some more while he catches some of them and throws them, charged, back at Tesura. Tesura gets some flashbacks because of this and backs away a bit because he is wary of that technique. Before he notices, Embara already starts to swing his “Axe Gigantification: Sky cutter!”. He only slices into the air but this is enough to cut the entire colossus. Embara swings his axe three more times before getting exhausted and out of spite, Tesura forms a spike which pushes him away. Embara can stop the spike from piercing deeper but he now has a bloody hole in his stomach, about 5cm deeps. He flies away, almost off the roof but Semmb catches him with some roots.

Tesura starts to assemble again and says: “What a pitiful attempt to defeat me.”, but notices he can’t move.

From his inside, Shurui laughs: “Yahaha! I’ve done it! I’ve hacked you! You can’t move anymore!!”

Tesura struggles and now the roots start pushing him. The colossus now stands on a very specific point at the edge of the roof.

“You damn intruders! Why can’t you just leave me alone?! You’re no better than me!”, Tesura shouts.

Raiden answers, totally appalled: “WE?! HOW DARE YOU COMPARE US TO SOMEONE LIKE YOU?! YOU SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN WHICH THEY COULD DIE FROM AND YOU SERIOUSLY COMPARE US TO YOU?!”,

he grins, “But now, this will end. Your era… is over...”,

he forms a handgun, “Do you seriously think that will help you?”

“Bang...”

You can hear a shot from the distance and about a second later, everything turns bright. Two seconds later and you can hear an extremely loud bang. Three seconds later and a gigantic explosion towers upon itself.

============================

An explosion lights up the city! Will this be enough to finally beat Tesura? Stay tuned for the next chapter!