Adam

I miss her. Every second of every day I remember that sheepish smile of hers and I miss her like I never did before. 350 days have passed since she has been gone and I feel like it's a curse meant to ruin my life. It's like a cliff I've been climbing my whole life and when I finally reached the summit it all collapsed over me and I've been falling ever since. Everything has changed after her death. I know I shouldn't have chosen to leave Becca, it's not like it's her fault, but my life is pointless without my mother. I lived my whole life trying to fill her's with everything she lost after losing my father. I miss Becca, I won't ignore that feeling, but it just feels wrong. It feels wrong to keep her chained and have her hopes and dreams about us when I don't want to go through it to begin with. It feels wrong to live a happy life after my mother's life was taken away for good. It's been three months since I've taken the necklace, and I hope it never gets to work. I take my motorcycle to Stefan's, I know I'd feel better hanging out with my friends. I'm half way there when a bright light comes from my chest and blinds me into going off road. What the hell is that. I look at my shirt and there's no sign of anything strange, but as I search for the source of the surprising warm sun-like-light, my chest starts to get cold. I think I know what's going on. I reach for the necklace and it's the purest white I've seen, but something is different this time. It feels different. It feels alive.