Adam

I couldn't believe how she ever thought we'd last more than we did. I've never been good to her. I was always hanging out with other girls more. She always got mad and we'd fight a lot, but I always told her that she was my main, that no one would take her special place, I did believe that, back then.
I think about the expedition thing, although I would like to meet that mysterious person that I'd continue my life with, I'm not going, at least not on the first year.
I go to get some cigarettes before I head back home.
"That would be five dollars please." He says with a yawn.
I give the money to the lazy cashier who looks like he've done nothing but sleep the whole day.
I suddenly feel thirsty so I go to the back of the store to get some water.
"Psst!" I barely hear the sound coming, it's coming from behind me.
I turn around and there's a girl, with a hoodie over her head.
"Yes, you." She whispers while pretending she's checking out the hair dyes.
"Why are you whispering?" I can't see her face clearly but there's no doubt that she's pretty.
"Shhh! I don't want him to hear us!" She points on the cashier who's already half asleep.
"What do you want?" I ask annoyed of her attitude already.
She turns to face me and points on the shelf that's right after the water shelf. She's definitely pretty.
"Beer?"
"Yes please." She smiles like she already got what she wanted.
"How old are you?" I don't care about her age, I would get it for her, I just wanted to tease her first.
"Seventeen, now come on please!" She pleads and I think I had my fun so I reach for the beer and get two bottles.
"I just need one."
"I know."
I go back to the cashier
"Excuse me?" he jolts up suddenly on my words.
He examines the stuff I'm about to pay for and looks at me, "How old are you?"
"Eighteen." I give him a look that only means; how could he think otherwise?
"Whatever." He hands me the stuff and I hand him the money and leave.
I stand near the shop when the girl suddenly runs out of it laughing and screaming that she won the battle.
Could she get any weirder?
"Run!" She looks at me with wide eyes. When I don't seem to understand what she wants, she takes my hand and drags me with her across the street and away from the angry cashier.
We reach a kid's playground when she finally stops and sits down on the bench, trying to take her breath.
What's wrong with her? She's kind of crazy.
"What was that for?!" I ask pissed.
She raises her hand as a sign that she can't take her breath yet.
After another minute she looks at me and starts laughing, although I'm annoyed, I can't help but laugh too.
"Okay so look, that cashier wouldn't have sold me the beer."
"I kind of get that, but honesty I don't think he'd care or know that you're only a year short."
"Yeah, but he's my cousin, so he'll know."
I'm trying to figure her out, but she's all chaos. She's like a wild animal.
"Why don't you go to another store then?"
"Because I'm a rebellion." She smiles and I can't help but realize how her hazel eyes are so pure, her pink lips look so soft, and her cheeks are all flushed up, the color of red meeting pink.
"Nice to meet you, rebellion." I smile back and hand her her beer. She looks at me with the same look, the same look I receive whenever a girl is talking to me. Admiration.
It would usually annoy me, but coming from her? I don't mind.
"I'm Cassandra."
"Cassandra." I pause to put my own beer on the ground, so it'd settle down after all the running. "I'm Adam."
"I love that.." She doesn't get the chance to continue her sentence, she've opened the beer and it exploded in her face.
"Shit!" She puts it on the ground quickly and takes of her hoodie. Her hair is honey blonde, and it doesn't pass her collar.
"You should've waited until it settled down from all the running we've been through."
"Well you could've said something sooner." She laughs. I love her laugh, and the fact that she does nothing but laugh.
"You laugh at yourself often?" I ask teasingly.
"Well, it's better when I join the laughing rather than be laughed on and be quite."
That does make sense. I look at my watch and decide that it's time to go, but I'm annoyed of the fact that I may not see her again.
"I gotta go now, it was nice meeting you." I smile apologetically and turn to leave. Although I want to see her again, I've never asked someone for their number or even asked someone out. I hate to sound cocky but the girl always did that part.
"Wait!" She gets up and gets closer. "Give me your hand."
"What?" She gets a pen out of her back pocket and takes my hand.
"Now... Here you go." She stops and looks at me with the most beautiful smile. "Thank you for what you did today." She leans and kisses me on the cheek. I can't move and I don't know what to say, so I just stand there until she leaves.
I look at my hand after she's no where in site.
A phone number.