✧ ˚ 𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

✧ ˚ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐖𝐋𝐄𝐃 across vibrant green land, veiled in roses and ivy, with patios and balconies and staircases that sprouted from its alabaster sides

✧ ˚ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐖𝐋𝐄𝐃 across vibrant green land, veiled in roses and ivy, with patios and balconies and staircases that sprouted from its alabaster sides. Asteria hadn't ever had the pleasure of remembering what their manor had been like, but she knew for certain that it in no way compared to this.

She followed behind Feyre and the beast silently, rubbing the sleep from her eyes with the backs of her hands. Feyre was fiddling with the fabric of her pants, something she had always done whenever she was anxious. 

He led them further into the manor until they arrived in front of a set of polished wooden doors. Asteria sucked in a sharp breath, eyes widening, as she and her sister froze in the doorway while the beast continued inside.

Perhaps the longest table Asteria had ever seen catered to rows and rows of food. She'd never seen so much food in her life. Wafts of steam floated above several of the dishes, and, instantly, her stomach was growling and mouth wateringㅡas if they'd needed a reminder to how long it'd been since she'd last eaten.

The beast ignored their astonishment as he padded over to the oversized chair that overlooked the head of the table, plopping down onto it. In a brilliant flash of white light, a man replaced the beast.

Feyre instantly pushed Asteria behind her, backing them towards the wall. She heard her heartbeat in her ears as the realization came to her. Their captor was no lesser fae, but a manㅡor what was close to a man. A High Fae. She would have thought he was someone else entirely had it not been for his eyesㅡthe same shades of jade that had been brimming with rage as he threatened to tear her throat apart with his claws.

He eyed them strangely from behind his golden mask, as if they were absurd for their strong reaction to his true form. "You should eat something."

Feyre's grip tightened slightly around her forearm, her chin tilting almost unnoticeably towards the open door.

"Who are you?" Feyre choked out.

His voice was gruff as he waved towards the other chairs. "Sit. Eat."

She shared a glance with Asteria. Humans were taught since they could walk that fae food was toxic for humans. If it didn't kill you, it would enslave your mind to every whim of the fae that had given it to you.

He growled lowly. "Unless you'd rather faint?"

"Isn't it unsafe for humans?" Asteria questioned, tone placated to keep him from suspecting anything.

A single raised eyebrow sent in her direction and a small scoff of amusement had her stomach twisting in discomfort. "The food is fine for humans to eat." When neither said anything, he added, "Leave, if you want. I am not your jailor. The gates are openㅡyou can live anywhere in Prythian."