✧ ˚ 𝐱𝐯. 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞

✧ ˚ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐀 𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐎𝐍 Asteria's mind as Alis led them over steep green hills and through rocky paths

˚ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐀 𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐎𝐍 Asteria's mind as Alis led them over steep green hills and through rocky paths. Far in the distance, a mountain larger than anything she had ever seen in real life loomed over them as if it was a predator and they were its prey, dark clouds swirling ominously at the peak. However big she thought it was at that moment, Alis had said it was weeks worth of travel away, meaning Amarantha's court was even larger than what her eyes perceived.

It was a struggle to tear her gaze away from the mountain as Alis suddenly stopped in front of them, centered in a hollow between two hills, a slender cave mouth tucked between a handful of rocks. Swallowing thickly, Asteria clutched the fabric of her pants tightly in her fists to hide how truly terrified she was, glaring into the darkness that she knew held Rhys prisoner.

"A few rules to remember," Alis spoke, turning to them with distanced eyesㅡlike she was already mourning them. "Don't drink the wineㅡit's not like what we had at the Solstice, and will do more harm than good. Don't make deals with anyone unless your life depends on itㅡand even then, consider whether it's worth it. And most of all: don't trust a soul in thereㅡnot even Tamlin or Lucien. Your senses are your greatest enemies; they will be waiting to betray you."

She glanced from Asteria to Feyre skeptically. "Do you have a plan?"

Unsure, she looked to Feyre, who pursed her lips as she thumbed at her pants. "No."

Alis shook her head in disappointment, but made no reprimandation. "There was one part of the curse. One part we can't tell you. Even now, my bones are crying out just for mentioning it. One part you have to figure out... on your own, one part she... she..." She swallowed loudly. "That she still doesn't want you to know, if I can't say it," she gasped out. "But keepㅡkeep your ears open. Listen to what you hear."

"Thank you," Asteria said softly, touching her arm to convey how grateful she was. She added, "For everything." She watched as Alis' features softened, a hint of gentleness flickering in her eyes.

Feyre watched the interaction closely before slowly walking up to them. She placed a hand upon Asteria's shoulder, looking to Alis with full sincerity. "Once you retrieve them, if you and your nephews need somewhere to flee, cross the wall. Go to our family's house. Ask for Nestaㅡour eldest sister. She knows who you are, knows everything. She will shelter you in any way she can."

Asteria lifted her head to the sky, taking in the stars that so closely resembled Rhys' eyes one last time, before she followed Feyre into the darkness.

✧ ˚  ·    .         ·  ˚ ✧

They had been traveling in silence for what felt like eternity, clutching each other's hands tightly, the only sound being the light taps of the shoes against cold rock and their low breaths, when finally a crack of orange light cleaved through the shadows. Asteria could have sobbed in relief, but the feeling was shortlived when the hissing of guttaral voices followed soon thereafter.