✧ ˚ 𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬

✧ ˚ 𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀 as she hurtled through the air, elation buzzing in her veins and a joyous giggle escaping her lips

˚ 𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀 as she hurtled through the air, elation buzzing in her veins and a joyous giggle escaping her lips. She positioned her body into a series of flips and turns, arms outstretched as though she was trying to steal the night sky, and the brief glimpse of a dark wing went unnoticed by the enamored young girl.

Soon, mountainous peaks of snow and ice gave way for a vast city, the most beautiful she had ever seen. Warmth filled her to her core at the sight, familiar in a way she could barely fathom. Asteria didn't have to think to will herself to move in that direction, her body flying towards it as though it sensed its home.

She woke with a small sob, blue eyes locked to the ceiling above her as though she could force the image to reappear. Rhys was by her side in an instant, his touch upon her face soothing as he wiped her gentle tears.

"Shh, darling, it's alright," he whispered, utterly loud in the silence of the night. A single hand brushed through the top of her hair, and Asteria brought one of hers up to grasp the arm that held her. "Nightmare?"

When Asteria shook her head, mind still reeling and heart yearning for what she saw, he slowly climbed into the bed next to her, waiting for an objection that never came. Her breath was wavering as her eyes fluttered closed, a soft smile growing on her lips as she thought of the dream again and again. "It was beautiful, Rhys. For a moment, it was as if I was one with the stars, with the sky. And then the mountains I flew above gave way to the most beautiful city I have ever seen."

Asteria opened her eyes again, turning her head so she faced Rhys once more, blushing slightly as she noticed their proximity. The violet of his eyes still glimmered so vibrantly in the dark, and she could faintly make out the soft melancholy that had appeared in them.

"Show me," Rhys urged, and so she did.

Asteria imagined the stars within her mind, thought of the warmth that stirred within her at the sight of the city that had laid before her. She gently pushed the memory of her dream into his mind, and his breath shook slightly as he took the image in.

If it were possible, his eyes began to shine brighter than the stars she'd pictured in her dream, an emotion she wasn't sure she'd ever seen on him painting itself across his face in the darkness. He turned his head to the ceiling before she could get a proper read on it, though a part of her seemed to realize it was one that meant he needed comfort.

"Rhys?" she called his name in questioning concern, her hand swiping across the silk sheets of his bed to place itself over top his. His eyes flickered down at the contact, and he turned his palm over to lace their fingers together.

Instead of answering her unspoken question, Rhys changed the subject. "Tomorrow night, there will be a party. Amarantha has ordered both you and your sister attend."