05

"- Jae-hyung, I have a reputation to keep."

Jungwon's statement goes merely noticed, as Jake is paying him mere attention, and the one Jungwon should be yelling at is Nishimura Riki.

"- Riki, please." He calls out.

The basketball hits the edge of the basket and does not go in. Riki watches it, hands frozen in the air, before groaning and dragging his feet to where the ball has landed.

"- What did I do now?" Riki sighs. "- It's not my fault Mr. Hot Popular Jock asked you out on a date. It's even less my fault that you can't take it well."

There it is, the reason why Jungwon never bothers sharing his issues with Riki, not even the boy is useless, but he rather makes fun of most things and never takes seriously whatever should be taken seriously. Riki is barely focused on the matter at the moment, yet it seems mocking Jungwon requires little concentration.

"- Ugh. I'm discussing the issue with Jake-hyung, so please."

The two throw the ball to each other and do the dribbling or whatever, while Jungwon watches, feeling both tired and left out.

"- Jungwonie, it's no big deal." Jake smiles, though not to him but because he scored. He starts cheering with a loud 'wohoooo' and a fist in the air. He bounces like Mario, and Jungwon finds himself sighing at his lack of attention and interest in the problem. The problem HE caused to Jungwon.

"- It is a big deal." He argues severely.

"- It is a big deal only if you make it a big deal." Jake says oh-so wisely.

He and Riki are dripping with sweat, and Jungwon finds it disgusting. He tries to understand the logic behind desiring to play sports outdoors when it is chilly. The two will end up catching some nasty flu, especially Riki, who, amidst the wintery cold, is trotting and jumping around in half-sleeves.

"- I've never been to a date!"

Jungwon walks in the middle of the field in order to get more attention from two of his only friends. If only S unoo was present, he would have surely proved himself more useful, although Sunoo does not know more than any other student about Park Jay, and had sworn not to dig his nose into others' business more than necessary anymore. Sunoo was part of the journaling team last year, and was a brilliant member thanks to his miraculous skills of procuring interesting facts and even the darkest secrets of the popular students of their school, their 'stars' as Sunoo liked to put it. Howbeit, Sunoo had long quitted the journaling team and sworn he would not return, instead joining the photography club this year with Riki. Later, Sunoo had admitting hurting people by spreading true rumors about some intimate secrets; he said taking pictures of nature, the Sun and Riki was less harmful.

This also meant that Sunoo will definitely not help him find some information about this Park Jay, who seemingly has a thing or two for him. Jake is his last straw.

"- I never said you had been." Jake laughs. Jungwon is displeased by the inefficacity of his position in the middle of the game. Riki and Jake are simply avoiding him and thus, still playing. "- I'm just saying that you should at least try talking to him normally."

"- By normally," Riki starts, hoping to throw the ball again. Jungwon does not like his tone. "- He means not like a robot."

He scores, much to Jungwon's dismay.

"- I simply, do, not, want, to go on a date with anyone." Jungwon huffs. When the ball falls on the ground, he speed-walks to it and grabs it.

"- Cuz you're a coward." Riki sniggers, extending his hand to him and foolishly expecting Jungwon to comply and give him back the ball.