16

They do not win.
They lose.

Notwithstanding, their lost does not mean that the basketball field will not be chaotic. As depressed as their school may be, half the audience was still from the opponent school. In front of him, all seats are almost empty, as students Jungwon does not know the names of sprint down to cheer with their comrades.

Riki is one of the few students of their high school who run off as soon as the game starts, and Sunoo follows him with lazy steps, still whining about how unfair it is that they lost the last game of the year.

"- I'll go check on them." Jake stands up as well and announces, mostly to his girlfriend. "- Do you wanna come with?"

Hae-won shakes her head and smiles kindly.

"- I have my friends to catch up with. They still are a bit salty about me leaving them to watch the game with you." She laughs, holding his hand loosely and swinging their arms a little.

"- They came too, right?"

"- Yep!"

Jake kisses her cheek before they let their hands fall by their sides again, and she waves him goodbye, signing a heart before walking away.

"- That was cute." Jungwon smirks.

Jake turns around, blushing. Truly, a rare sight that amuses Jungwon.

"- Shut up! Don't you have some boyfriend of your own to comfort?"

"- Right."

Jungwon looks down, eyes roaming around the buzzing field, in search of Park Jay. Amidst the colorful and golden confetti, Jay stands on the sidelines, alone yet nigh the rest of his teammates.

Jungwon skips some steps as he heads down, and by the time he sets foot on the sleek ground of the basketball field, the commotion starts to calm down, yet he suddenly feels tiny.

Jake runs towards Sunghoon, joining Riki and Sunoo, and Jungwon, after ignoring the hubbub occurring at the center of the area, also ignores the way Sunghoon is fakingly sobbing on Riki's shoulder.

"- Jay." Jungwon calls loudly as he approaches his silhouette gradually. He rarely uses the honorific with him, and Jay never points it out.

Jay is wiping his forehead with the end of his top, seemingly not hearing him. Jungwon speed-walks to him, sees his abs, and feels hot again. He had learned, throughout this game, that Park Jay had abs. Though not as prominent as one may picture, they still were there.

"- Jay!"

Jay frowns and fully raises his head towards his voice. Then, he starts running, and Jungwon slows down his walk until he comes to a full stop, and just then, Jay jumps on his silhouette to hug him.

"- Oh, Jungwon~ ♡" He pronounces neigh his ear, ear that warms up at the sound, for Jay is almost moaning his name.

"- Don't call me like that." He states, though he starts patting Jay's crown, and the gesture makes the command sound less authoritarian.

Jay laughs and leans away a bit, just enough for them to see each other's faces.

"- Like that?" He asks and pinches his cheek. Jay is smiling from ear to ear, not looking one bit like someone who just lost a game.

"- With that heart at the end of your voice." As if you're moaning it.

"- Ah... Right, let me do it again." He beams. "- Jungwon~.•♬✧"

Jungwon blinks twice, twice as horrified and surprised than from when Jay calls him with the heart.

"- ...?! That's not any better!"