12

🍏🍏🍏

Chill, moping is forbidden today. Jungwon tries to be fully himself.

"- I always come early, but you somehow manage to come earlier than me." He jokes lightly when he reaches the table.

Jay looks up from his phone, and starts gaping at him pretty much like the first date.

"- Cat got your tongue?" He repeats when all Jay says is a whispered 'wow'.

"- Hm." Jay clears his throat unsubtly as he straightens his back and bring his seat closer to the table. "- I figured it's only polite for me to come earlier than you."

"- Really." Jungwon takes a seat, hooking the bag on its back. "- But I am the one who invited you, not the opposite."

"- I didn't think it through." Jay admits. "- I'm just relieved to see you."

Jungwon folds his hands on his lap.

"- Yes, me too." He nods and tempts a sweet smile. "- I was afraid you would pull a jest on me."

This time, Jungwon has not informed Jake about his rendezvous, his planned outing, with Park Jay, for the sole purpose of keeping this little storm inside his own teacup.

"- What kind of prank would that be?" Jay laughs, airy and fresh. "- I was dying for a second chance, and a chance at all with you, Yang Jungwon. I'm not a fool for rejecting someone like you."

"- Someone like me..." He whispers carelessly.

"- Yeah, you're such a gem." Jay says thoughtlessly with an easy smile.

It did not seem like Jay had told Jake about the second date either, since Jake had not brought it up at all, and did not act any different or suspicious around Jungwon. Jungwon appreciate that; Jay is not as moronic as Jungwon had initially labeled him. It turns out, Park Jay is clever when he wants to be.

"- Good afternoon, gentlemen, what can I entertain you with today?"

They both turn to the polite, pretty waitress dressed in a pastel blue and pink uniform, and Jay

Jungwon skims through the menu again, having bitter flashbacks of the first time he has laid eyes on the sweets and delicacies, but shaking it away. No moping today. He is on a date with Park Jay.

Park Jay's face is easy on the eyes, but what was most impressive is that despite his rather chiseled features, his smile was as easy, and when the waitress smiles back to him as warmly as he does while asking her casualties about the cafe, it draws a fond smile from Jungwon.

Park Jay was very charismatic indeed.

"- I will be taking soufflé cheesecake, coconut latte and affogato." Jay orders, sliding his finger over each one of them as he talks. "- Wonie, what will you take?"

Jungwon stares at him, mind pausing at the nickname.

"- Iced coffee, mille crepe and double choco cake." He recites.

"- Any tea?" The waitress asks as she notes the orders.

"- Earl Grey, please."

Jungwon takes no tea, just like last time.

The waitress bows once with a courteous smile to the both of them before walking off graciously.

"- So." Jungwon starts with a subtle cough. "- How have you been?"

"- Pretty amazing, honestly. I've been buzzing with excitement since that evening."

That was adorable.