NINE

" do you need help getting up?"

"No"

"Really...." She could hear the uncontained smugness in his tone.

Feeling exposed and then sad at how long she was taking to get up.

Her mouth opened only for her to quickly bite her tongue from saying what she then regretted she wanted to.

Beg.

The simple act of asking why he couldn't just finish what he had started was at the tip of her tongue. And it was God forbid she lower herself to that. It wasn't necessary to beg him in plain sight however neither was she far from it either. Besides, between the two, was it a wonder who would importune the other?

Tears of both anger and humiliation gathered in her eyes whilst she continued to bite her tongue and she willed them to stop as she closed her eyes and pushed her face off the carpet with her hand.

Her doorbell sounded and Antonio stood up announcing he'd get it. Much to her relief.

She turned after fixing her dress and saw one of his guards place her luggage and purse by the doormat, handing Antonio his working briefcase. Antonio and he exchanged a few words that she failed to catch before the guard left and he closed the door, rolling her four-wheeled case with her purse placed on top.

"Where's yours?" Clar asked, her hands fisting. Willing her body to calm down.

"My suit will arrive tomorrow morning. I have an early meeting ."

Clar nodded her head glancing elsewhere her body unsettled. She was still very bothered. Glad she had gotten off the floor where gratitude was concerned, she headed for and retrieved her case alongside her purse from him and started unpacking, organizing her clothes on the floor in a secluded area. Putting them away. Antonio simply sat back down, making himself comfortable, and watched her.

She felt his gaze gradually get unrelenting and asked him to stop looking at her after a time of tolerating the feeling of having a person's eyes on them. He asked her what he should do instead, and Clar was this close to asking him to get out but remembered she had suggested they come to her place before they left Seattle.

It wasn't a habit of hers to have visitors in her place. It was usually her and the 750 sq. ft four-walled room. No other soul or person residing but herself. She had once thought about adopting a dog but they needed constant care and affection, and she didn't want to get attached. Not after what happened to the two people she had been the most attached to.

Antonio joined her on the floor as she proceeded to organize her clothes. Ended up showing him some of the clothes she planned on packing to wear while they were in LA. Because he asked and when she ignored him, he patiently waited for her to fold the piece and took it upon himself to open them up after.

He had a problem with nearly all of them. Only letting the ones past her knees get into her case. Or so he thought. She didn't buy what she didn't want so he wasn't doing any so-called 'male dominance' where she was concerned.

After packing, all the while chucking at his reasons as to why she couldn't wear some of her clothes, he let her use his phone to order takeout for the both of them. She ordered  Chinese from a nearby restaurant that he had no problem with.

Still having his phone in her possession, she began to struggle with the temptation to go through it.

What content was on his phone storage?

Porn?

He didn't look like the type who watched let alone had time for it.

Holding the phone securely in her hand, she faced him and asked.