THIRTY

Six days. After six days of learning Krav Maga, Clarina questioned why martial art was invented in the first place even if she knew the answers to that question. Raksana made her do a technique over and over until she got the hang of it. On the third day, Clarina wanted out. Her body ached.

Stance, palm heel strikes, bending her knees, legs shoulder length apart, pivot, body weight focus, reminding her to breathe. Three nights in a row her dreams consisted of fighting. Dreaming about techniques and moves. Clarina was exhausted. It took a lot of energy.

All she could say was it felt like torture. Her arms hurt, her elbows were soft and at one point she thought her wrist stopped working. She felt her body cry out for a break and she socked in a warm bath one day  where Antonio met her. He asked to join her and Clarina flat-out declined . So dead serious Antonio blinked at her blunt response.

He silently removed his pants, leaving him in his briefs, unbuttoned his shirt but kept it on, and pulled his sleeves up.

"Antonio, please... I don't-"

"Relax baby" He cooed and sat on the slab of  green designed concrete behind her. He dipped his legs in the warm water beside her body then placed his hands on her shoulders.

She exhaled a shaky breath as he began working on her tense muscles, releasing the tight knots there. Clarina let loose and relaxed into his touch.

"How do you find the training Clarina?"

"It's intense when we're training, but Raksana's considerate ."

" She took lessons from a famous trainer in Russia." His fingers lowered. " How does she look at you ?."

She heard the edge in his tone and groaned.

"Not how you think Antonio. "

"How do I think Clarina?"

"I don't know Antonio, how do you think?"

He was silent for a moment as he released more tension from her shoulders.

"Like a forbidden desert."

"She doesn't Antonio."

"I know damn well she likes you. But I've warned her. If she tries anything again, you'll pay on her behalf."

" What!?" She turned to face him but he applied pressure on a spot between her neck and shoulder making her wince and stay put.

"Don't worry. She likes you dearly and would hate to see that."

That knowledge didn't help her one bit and she felt her body begin to enter early stage of panic.

" Antonio you cant-"

"I'm joking Clarina."

It wasn't something to fucking joke about.

Clarina quickly learned the basics. Raksana was a hard and serious trainer. She was no play whenever they were practicing. Told and gave it to her straight. At times Clarina felt attacked. Got her ass handed to her more times than she could count and each time, Raksana would release her hold and say ' again.' Raksana was persistent but backed off whenever Clarina couldn't anymore. She'd let her rest up and show her the way to perfect or correct her mistake. 'No moving ahead when the basics aren't at the tip of your fingers. Won't help.' She'd say.

Before and after training, Raksana focused on Clarina. At a point, she'd stare and smile when Clarina shifted, uncomfortable. Raksana was dark and amiable. It wasn't impossible to make friends with her. After the second day of their training, Clarina got over the ever-present sexual, dangerous, and now playful aura.