away

question of the chapter:

french fries or hashbrowns?

i really love french fires. or anything potato actually

i will forever be greatful to the person who discovered potatoes

thank you for reading! :))

16 : hashira training

thwack!

"ouch!"

"AHHHH!"

"EIKO SAMA! HELP!" (they call eiko 'eiko sama' and muichirou 'tokito sama')

eiko looked at the lower rank slayers, irked. it was the 3rd week of the hashiras' training for the lower ranked slayers.

her training was one of the last, but since none of the slayers had clear the first few with mitsuri, muichirou and tengen, she had no one to train and was now taking part in muichirou's training.

"can't help you. i'm a student here too. get stronger."

eiko did admit, she thought muichirou might be going too hard, until she saw the lower ranks' strength. 

"go harder." she had told him when they were resting and the two cousins got to talk.

"mui!" eiko ran into the butterfly mansion's room where muichirou was resting after being told he had just woken up from being unconscious for 2 days.

"nee san, i remember!" was the first thing muichirou said to her. "yuichirou, mom, dad, uncle, auntie...i remeber everything!"

eiko hugged her cousin as the water works started.

"are...are you crying?" muichirou asked.

"no, my eyes are practicing water breathing- of course i'm crying! i'm so happy you're okay and that you remember!"

muichirou started to cry, the crying effect affecting him.

the 2 cousins had a crying fest and everyone avoided the room for a while as the 2 caught up, eiko demanding to hear about upper moon 5.

"tokito san!" kotetsu came running in. "you're okay!"

eiko immediately thought of kota. she kinda missed him.

"the hashira meeting will be tomorrow." eiko informed muichirou. 

the meeting was mostly about the demon slayer mark and amane informing the hashira about the upcoming hashira training.

-

eiko stood at the entrance of the training room.

it had been a week when some the lower ranked slayers passed the other hashiras' training centres. 

"come in." she spoke to the less than 10 slayers, most of them having just came from obanai's station. "you'll be heading to the stone pillar after this?" she asked.

they nodded.

"alright then, your objective is to land a hit on me."

they all stepped into the darkened training room.

eiko shut the door close with a thud, the lights automatically shutting off.

"in the dark. use you senses. if i hit you, get up and try again."