Risk (1)

Wrd Count - 632

Three weeks later...

3rd Person POV - Grian

"Whoopdeedoo, let's go to Decked Out again! Gonna procrastinate going to level three, hopefully I don't die!!"

Grian sang to himself, cheery despite his dark words. He spun around, looking through a different chest, gathering his supplies to bring to Decked Out. Or more specifically, a supply. Namely, a frost-resistance potion. Something that Taurtis had learned to make back in EVO just to help him survive colder climates.

Once he had everything in a small pouch hanging from his belt, he took off his chestplate, and jumped backwards off from the top of his rocks. He free fell until he was close to the ground, before spreading his wings, and flying up and over the birch forest, giggling like a child.

"This never gets old!!!"

He turned to face the direction of Decked Out, flapping his wings as he soared over to the incredible castle... dungeon... thing... whatever it's called, it's absolutely INSANE.

The sun had began to set behind Decked Out, bathing the exterior in a soft, orange glow. That wasn't exactly an unusual sight, but what was unusual, was the fact that Grian was playing Decked Out while most other Hermits were asleep or busy.

Maybe running the game at 9pm was a stupid, foolish idea. After all, if something went wrong, there'd be nobody to help him out. It was risky, but with phase three near its end, he needed to take the risk... and, he had four shards to get through anyway. There'd be no line of people waiting to play. Just maybe an forty-five minutes to an hour of running the dungeon.

Sounds fine, right?

He swooped down into the entrance, heading into his cubby hole. He put most of his stuff away, seeing as it'd be easier to just leave it there while he was doing runs back-to-back.

"Right... don't forget the potion... we aren't here to perma die..."

He downed the potion, setting down three more in his cubby hole. He was dead if his run took longer than eight minutes. Let's just hope that wouldn't happen, as these potions lasted as long as he could brew them.

He took his shard, walking over to the barrel, and putting it in. Every single time, he'd see that animation on the door, and wonder how much work Tango had put into it, and how long it had taken.

"HI GRIAN!"

Grian screamed in shock, jumping, as Tango started to giggle mischievously.

"Oh my good god, Tango!! Oh my..."

Tango's giggles dissolve into full on laughter. After a few minutes, he finally calms down.

"Running the dungeon at this hour, G?"

The dungeon keeper asks, swinging a key to the mechanisms in his hands.

"Huh? I mean, yeah... can't miss out on four whole runs so close to the end of a phase."

Grian smiled, walking into the now open door. Tango sighed, smirking.

"Fair enough. Well, I'll be up here, restocking the shop, because Etho doesn't know what budgeting is... How does Etho get so many crowns anyway!? Anyway, let me know how your run goes!"

"Will do!"

The door closed, as Grian walked in, setting the difficulty to 'medium", and putting in his deck. He climbed into the minecart, pulling his knees to his chest as he rode the minecart down to level one.

He was hit was a small wave of nausea as he made it down, as he checked how much longer the potion effect would last. Five minutes.

That wasn't long. That wasn't long at all.

This would be risky.

The compass was level one, thankfully. Level two could be too far, and he could end up dead if the potion wore off too soon.

Well, here goes nothing.