Introverted us

Jennie and Jisoo were sitting in the library during lunch break at school. Jennie was reading a book for her English class, she sat in between Jisoo's legs as Jisoo sat propped against the wall. She was using one hand to scroll through her phone as the other held Jennie's wrist, rubbing circles on her pulse with the pad of her thumb. Jisoo always had a need to touch Jennie in some way, she didn't know why.

It was weird being sixteen and in love.

"Hello love birds." Jeongyeon manoeuvred past the chairs and tables in the library, ignoring the spiteful stares of others from the volume of her voice.

Jennie smiled and Jisoo put her phone away, kissing the back of Jennie's head and sitting up, wrapping both arms around her. She placed her book in her lap and waited for Jeongyeon to come over to them.

She sat in front of them, legs crossed and an excited look on her face. Jennie immediately knew she was up to no good just by looking at her. She remembered the last time Jeongyeon wore the same look and she ended up taking Jeongyeon to A&E for breaking her nose.

"Hi Jeong," Jennie sat up straight. Jisoo played with a strand of her mousy brown hair. "What can we do for you this time?"

"So listen, you know New Years is coming up and I managed to get a place on the football team this year right?" Jennie and Jisoo nodded, waiting for her to continue, "Welll I thought it would be cool to host a party at my place."

Jennie sighed and Jisoo chuckled at the thought, "Hmm is this an invite?"

Jeongyeon groaned, "C'mon, you have to come. It's a big deal and the more people show up, the better."

"What difference will it make if we come? You'll be too busy to notice us even being there?" Jennie said.

"You're my best friends. Yeah, you're both quiet as fuck but I still want you guys to be there." Jeongyeon admitted. She had been best friends with Jisoo before Jennie started dating Jisoo a year ago. It took them some time to warm up to each other but now they got on like a house on fire, even Jisoo caught herself getting jealous of their friendship.

Jennie looks at Jisoo who seemed in thought as she was actually considering it. "When is it?"

"This Saturday." Jennie huffs and Jisoo tries to hold in a laugh.

"We're meant to be watching Barbie on Saturday night." She whined, pulling on Jisoo's hand in the process.

"Seriously Jennie? You can watch Barbie any other night of the week. I just really want you to be there." Jeongyeon spoke with a pleading expression.

Jennie grumbled under her breath. Jisoo stroked the back of her hand with her thumb as she replied, "We'll be there. We won't stay for long."

Jeongyeon grinned, "Fuck yeah!" She patted Jisoo on the back. People turned to glare at her as she spoke loudly. "See you Saturday!"

***

Jennie sat in Jisoo's lap, reading her book as Jisoo sat in her gaming chair, the clicking of the keyboard filling the room as she tried to complete her game. Every once in a while, she would press a kiss to the top of Jennie's head or cover her ears as she swore at the game when she failed to complete a particular level.

Jennie sighed and closed her book to place it on her desk, before wrapping her arms around Jisoo's neck and curling herself into her. She rested her head on her shoulder and kissed her neck, "You okay baby?" Jisoo murmured into her ear.

"I'm nervous about the party tomorrow." She whispers.

Despite them both being introverts, Jisoo was slightly better at socialising than Jennie was. If Jennie had it her way, she would prefer to not be around anyone apart from Jisoo. She hated small talk and talking in general. People would often make her feel as though that was something to be ashamed of, like it was weird to desire to be alone in peace. She wasn't weird, she had always just been a quiet person.