☆Wish Away ☆

.
.
☆ Miles 42 x Reader ☆
.
.
(2nd POV?)
It's cold. You were walking through the pouring rain. Your eyes were wet not only by the rain but by your tears. Heavy breaths escaped your lips, your chest rising and falling with every quivering sob. Your spider-woman suit was ripped from the side, your legs and arms bloodied in sorrow and guilt. When something like this happened, you'd have someone to support you, to hug you and tell you it was okay. But now, there wasn't anyone. No one. Because the one person who loved you was.
.
.
Dead.
How? He was the Prowler. The vigilante of your city which had killed hundreds and hundreds of people. You've always despised the Prowler, yet you never knew who he really was. It seemed as if he didn't care about the lives he'd take in a flash. 'Why?!' You thought to yourself as you wearily trudged down a hidden alley, back to your home.
<Flashback>
The skies were cloudy that day, so you were expecting rain. You had just received a spidey tingle, another havoc was being created...by none other than the infamous prowler. You ran across the building tops to reach the site, and when you did, it wasn't exactly pretty. There was rust and rubble everywhere, multiple bodies laid on the floor, blood oozing out of them. The prowler was there, standing in the middle, and when they turned around, it seemed as if their heart stopped. It was odd...to see that someone like the prowler had felt something other than rage. Nonetheless, you looked down at the bodies in sorrow, wondering what wrong they had done. You look at the prowler with determination, to finally find out who they were, in justice for all the people that had been killed. You and the prowler fought for a while, although..it was mostly you. The prowler had only dodged, and sometimes only pushed you away, but everything else was in a way to resist from hurting you. And when it seemed that they "accidentally" pushed you away too harsh, causing you to slam into the wall and bleed, they seemed scared. It was confusing...but it made sense when you had the prowler on the floor, your leg on their chest and they were bleeding out from their sides, any longer, and they would die from blood loss. Your suit was slightly ripped and you huffed in exhaustion as you slowly took off their mask. But when you saw the face, your world had stopped for a moment.
It was your boyfriend, Miles.
It's funny isn't it? How you thought you could never hate the person you dearly love..the person you would die and kill for. How foolish of you. Forgetting how close love is to hate. (Reference) Every moment you fought as spider woman and the prowler came flooding back in a moment, your eyes were wide while his were slowly shutting.
"Miles?"
You weakly manage to croak out of your throat. You take off your leg from his chest and sit on the floor to reach his level.
"Y/n...I'm sorry"
Miles says in his thick Spanish accent, the one you'd love to listen to every time you were sad
"No. No no no..this can't be happening!"
You say, tears falling from your eyes as you held onto your beloved.
"No miles why did it have to be you?! No Miles..."
You continue to hold onto miles, as he slightly caressed your hair,
"It's my fault Mi Vida...I should've just told you...tell uncle Aaron for me will you?"
He says in a weak voice, as his hand moves to you cheek, holding it gently, in a way that told you it would be his last moment.
He pulled you in closer before giving you a sweet kiss, and when he pulled away you could see the dullness in his eyes grow.
"I'm glad it was you mi amor, I love you."
He says in a small voice, which you rarely heard. His hand dropped from your cheek and his head slightly leaned back, his eyes were completely shut now and his usual furrowed brows were relaxed.
"Miles please! I'm so sorry..."
You said as you held onto him tightly, sobbing aggressively. It felt as the years you spent together had only been mere seconds.
The world is such a cruel place isn't it?
<end of flashback>
You reach your home after what felt like hours of walking, you opened the lock, and stepped in the house. While it would usually be warm and welcoming, it seemed dull all of a sudden. Your vision was slightly hazy as you walked in, not wanting to deal with your wounds and suit, all you wanted to do was close your eyes and pray it was all just a nightmare..and you did. You tiredly laid on your bed in your suit and closed your eyes...praying and wishing that none of it ever happened, that Miles was alive, that he wasn't prowler, that you weren't Spider-Woman...and that you didn't kill him.

But we can't always wish away our problems can we?