Closer

Shadow

I knew she was waiting for her cab I could offer her but I knew she would refuse, so I didn't ask.
I passed her like I didn't know her.

When I reached the office, I asked my assistant to give me complete information about her.I wanted to know everything about her. Why did she shift here and what kind of jobs will she do?
I met Ronan but I didn't talk to him. I'm a little disappointed. He placed a hand on my shoulder and said, "Hey, sorry I should've told you."
I knew he was genuinely sorry, but I couldn't pretend that he didn't hurt me or he hadn't lie to my face.

I felt tired, so I told my assistant to complete all the work and send me details on email,
My head felt  heavy. I talked to my doctor. He said take a rest.It happens normally when you don't sleep properly. I agreed with his words. I couldn't sleep because of her, because of her thoughts. When I entered my apartment, I quickly lay down on my bed.

Sarah
When I reached the office , as I walked in, I was greeted by friendly colleagues who showed me around and introduced me to my new workspace. The office atmosphere was buzzing with excitement and I couldn't wait to dive into my new role.

After a long and exhausting day at the office, I finally reached breaking point. My body craved rest, my mind craved comfort . I collapsed on my cozy bed and then I grabbed my phone and checked if there was a message from anyone.
And my eye caught his last message, "can't sleep kiddo", why did he call me kiddo , "do I look like a kid ?" No, I am not a kid, I'm a 23-year-old fully grown girl.
I called my mom but she didn't pick me up. So I scrolled Instagram. I saw a picture of my ex-bestie with my ex-boyfriend. My heart aches and I threw my phone on the other side of the bed. They both looked happy like they didn't cheated me or hurt me.

My heart skipped a beat as soon as my gaze dropped on the man standing at the door. But I didn't want to face him, so I grabbed my blanket and put it over my face. He entered and sat on the edge of the bed.
My one leg is still uncovered from the blanket.
He covered it up and his hand touched my foot for a second. I felt a current in my body.
He removed it quickly and said,
"You don't like me, huh?"
I didn't reply and tried to act like I was sleeping.
He pinched my leg. "oww" I cried loudly.
"I know you're not sleeping kiddo, now get up" he said.
(I got Irritated) "Yessss". I said while sitting up and pulling off my blanket from my head. My hair got messy and it was all over my face. He smirked, and came closer to me to remove them from my face, but I stopped him with a hand gesture ✋🏻
"I can do it" I said while making a hair bun. He was watching me with those green eyes.
"Why are you here?" I said.
"Tell me, why are you always here at night?"
"I like to watch you sleep" he said.
I froze... "it gives peace to my heart", he continued. "And I want to make you smile like you're smiling, with Ronan, and not just smile at me, I want to make you laugh at my jokes", he said while coming closer to me.
"I like watching you" he was getting closer-closer-closer.
I shut my eyes.