Peace

Sarah

He looked like a child sleeping in my lap peacefully. I couldn't take my eyes off from his face. I felt like I am attracted to him. I couldn't imagine him with her. My blood boils when I even thought about them together . I slide my hand in his cheek and brush my finger over his hair. I felt like someone at the other side of main door I heard footsteps. But I couldn't get up and saw who was there.

I woke up as my back hurt. I slid my hand all over my face. My lap is also hurting from his weight. I gently pushed his head down to his pillow. As I stood, he grabbed my hand and said "Please change your mind, Sarah, I will be a better man. Try me for once". I almost had a heart attack from his sudden action. I gently brushed his hair again. I couldn't stop myself from doing that.
"Micheal, sleep," I said.
"I will, if you stay" he replied in his husky tone.
He pulled my hand with a slight effort.
I let him do that. "Tomorrow I am going to Chicago for a business trip" he said while sitting on the bed and pulling me to sit next to him.
"Is she going with you?" I asked.
"Who," he asked.
"Ana" I replied in a low voice.
"Yeah, she's our partner now. She will be there too."
"So" my words weren't coming out.
"So what Sarah," he carefully placed his hand on my shoulder.
"Nothing," I said.
He slowly slid his hand down my arms and grabbed my fingers.
"Don't worry." He said as he touched his forehead to mine.
I got flashbacks of my past relationship, cheating, crying, betrayal. I stood the next second." Can we be friends," I asked in a hurried voice. While he was sitting still in bed.
"No, I don't make new friends, I have already enough" he replied rudely.
I didn't say a word. He looked at my face and raised his eyebrows at me.
"Don't you think we are more than friends?"
I kept remaining silent.
He stood up and said, "You can go now. You have ruined my mood and my sleep, and listen, you are right. You shouldn't have come here, but I am glad this is the last time we're talking Whatever this thing, between you and me, please stop making me fool with your double standards."
I ran towards the door crying. When I opened the door, he said one more thing that broke my heart into a million pieces. "Thanks for the sweets. But sweet isn't my type. I like spicy."
I knew the double meaning behind it. I shut his door as forcefully as I could.

Micheal

She shut my door forcefully after what I had said. I knew she was crying, but she needed that. I didn't want her to see me as someone she could reject whenever she wanted.  But now, I want to see her suffer in front of my eyes for not being able to be with me. If she didn't like me back, then what was the reason for being jealous? She was jealous when she saw me with Ana. I packed my bags and headed to the airport.

I checked my phone before putting it in airplane mode. Ana and Ronan sat two seats behind me. I didn't properly meet Ana. I was not in the mood to greet someone with a smile or anything. I don't pretend.

Sarah
When I left his apartment, Adam was standing at his door. He smiled at me, but I was so regretful at that time and my eyes were shooting red because of crying. So I reached my apartment the next second.

I woke up and started getting ready for work. I checked my phone for any updates while I was scrolling. my phone Micheal's last message grabbed my attention. "Can't sleep kiddo" This was the first and last message from him. My heart dropped its speed for a moment. But I handled my emotions and wore my best clothes for work. Someone knocked on my door. As I was going to unlock my door, I thought maybe it was Michael. But when I opened the door and saw Adam standing there in a navy blue shirt with white pants.
"Hey, are you going somewhere" he asked.
"Yeah, office" I replied.
"I will drop you, your office is on my way," he said.
"How do you know where my office is?"  I asked.
"I saw you last day there" he replied with a smirk on his face.
"Let me drop you, Sarah, we're friends."
"Fine" I replied.
Before he dropped me, he asked me for coffee, but I refused him.

As I was working on my laptop, I received a message from Michael. I desperately grabbed my phone and opened it.

"I will burn his car if you ever step in."

"Are you stalking me"
(I replied)