Birthday

Micheal

I just woke up when my assistant sent me a message about Sarah and Adam. I couldn't believe she was with him. How could she trust him when he hadn't said a single word to her for a while? She trusted him, but not me. I sent her a threatening message to stay away from him, but she asked me if I was stalking her.
I didn't reply.
After an hour, I was ready to attend a
New meeting,
As I was stepping into an elevator, Ana stopped the elevator's door to get in with me. She looked attractive. She smiled at me and stood next to me.
"Hey, Mic"
"Ana, I'm not in a mood" I said instantly.
"Let's have dinner together," she asked.
"I am busy," I said.
"No you're not" she said.
"And you're coming," she said again.
"Okay, send me details." I agreed to her offer.

Sarah

As I was sitting in my office, my mind kept spinning around his message. He was keeping an eye on me, but why?
After I finished my work, I booked my cab.
As I was waiting for my cab, Adam's car appeared in front of me. He slid down his window mirror and asked me. " Are you waiting for your cab?"
"Cancel your ride, I will drop you"
"No, I will manage," I said.
"Thank you for asking", I smiled at him. I knew getting into his car meant getting into trouble.
After a second, my cab appeared.
"Come on Sarah, get in," he said.
"My cab is here, and I have to go somewhere else."
"Okay, but you owe me a ride," he said and winked at me.

When I reached my apartment, I locked my door and went straight for a shower.
While I was inside my bathroom, I heard a noise from my room. I made my way back to my room. And when I found a lit candle I got scared. I had locked the door. I remembered, "Who lit this candle?" I asked myself.
I didn't even have any candles. "This is probably Michael, but he is in Chicago."
I threw that candle out of my window. And grabbed my phone to call Ronan,
"Hey," I said.
"Hello Sarah, what happened?"
"Nothing, when are you guys coming back?"
"Probably the day after tomorrow," he said.
"Okay"
"If you excuse Sarah, I have to arrange a dinner date for Ana."
"Oh great you guys are together. I didn't know that" I said excitedly.
"No, it's not me, it's for Micheal. Tomorrow is his birthday, so Ana has arranged a dinner date for him and, after that, we will join them at the club," he said.
"Okay, okay, I will call later," I said.
"I will call you and send a message if there's anything I can't talk about right now" he hung up.

If Michael was not here, who was he?

As I was sleeping peacefully. My throat was dry. I checked my water bottle, but there was no water in it. So I got up from bed and headed to the kitchen. I checked the time while I was filling my bottle. 11:30 pm. He likes to order me like I am his puppet, but he celebrates his birthday with his beautiful business partner, a pathetic man.

I was trying to sleep when something fell in the kitchen. I got up immediately to check who was there. When I got there, no one. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me.
As I came back to my room, someone grabbed my arm and pushed me onto the wall. When I looked up, he covered my eyes with his hand.
"I can smell your cigarette on your hand," I said.
He didn't say anything.
"And your perfume." Stop fooling me. I am not scared.
He came closer to my ear, I could hear his breathing.
"Micheal", it's you, I know your presence"
As I was trying to get his hand off of my eyes. His other hand grabbed my waist and I froze there.
"No kiddo, you don't know anything."
I didn't say anything. But his voice sent chills to my soul.
I turned back and saw him some inches away from me. I looked at his tired face.
"So tell me about yourself," I said as I looked into his green piercing eyes.
He brushed away my hair strands from my face and said, "My presence is enough, you don't need to know anything about me."
"I want to know," I said.
He got too close to me. I couldn't hold eye contact. He lifted my chin and said, "You haven't eaten. Let's go somewhere."
"No, I baked something," I said nervously.
"We will eat that later now. Tell me, how was your day", he said as he took me to the kitchen.
I grabbed the cake that I made.
He snatched a plate from me.
"To whom you're doing this" he said.
"You" I replied,
"How do you know that I am coming," he said.
"I don't know, I just felt it" I replied.
I looked at the clock. "Happy birthday, Michael". I picked a cupcake and offered him to eat.
He ate, and then he licked cream from my finger.
I just couldn't do anything. I was so stunned by his action. He cupped my cheeks and said,
"Are you planning to make me fall in love with you"