Knock

Micheal

I cleaned my room after the meeting. It was just an unnecessary meeting. Ronan needs to understand this isn't going to work. Ana is manipulating him.
I sat on my sofa as I thought about what happened when Sarah came. I saw her smile fading when she looked at me and Ana together. She looked confused. My phone rang I knew it was Ana so I switched off my phone. Ana already called me more than 5 times after that meeting. I got up and changed my pants. Someone knocked at my door. I knew it was Ana.
I was designing my new car model when I heard that.
I was busy. I didn't want anybody here at this hour. I opened my door and, without looking I said.
"Stop it, Ana, we're over."
No reply. I looked straight, and I froze there when I saw Sarah standing there in her cute white night suit.
She said "Hey"
"Come inside", I offered.
She came to my apartment, but why? I thought as I was processing her visit.
"Your apartment smells just like you."
My mind couldn't stop processing
I just smiled at her.
"Why are you here?" I asked a little rudely.
She gave me some sort of box.
"What is this," I asked her.
"This is an Indian sweet "kaaju katli". It's made from cashew."
"Ohhh, I said while gesturing her towards my couch.
She sat on the couch. She looked absolutely stunning in that cute night suit.
I can't stop staring at her.
"You didn't tell me you live here," she said as she was looking at me like she wanted me to sit next to her.
"You never asked," I said.
"And you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend," she said.
I felt awkward around us. We couldn't communicate freely. She stood up and said,
"I should go now."
As I was looking at her leaving, I couldn't help myself. I grabbed her hand and pulled her into my arms. Her head rested down on my chest, but she didn't fight or deny it. I placed one hand on her hair and the other one on her waist. I could feel her heartbeat through her body. I closed my eyes and said,
"Don't worry, she's no one, she's just a business partner. Sometimes she crosses her limits, but I know my limits, so don't worry. I am yours whether you want me or not. It doesn't matter I am yours."
"But she's bold and beautiful just like you" she said.
"Fancy dressing and boldness don't attract me", "cute night suits attract me, your smile attracts me, your sleepy eyes attract me, your relaxed body attracts me, when you're scared of me, that attracts me baby I am attracted to you Sarah, not anyone else."

Sarah
When he said those things my heart skipped a beat. I couldn't think straight. It felt like someone reciting a poem for me. And after finishing his poetic words, he sat on the floor while I was sitting on the couch. I can't describe that feeling and emotion. He was looking straight into my eyes. Both my hands were resting on my lap, and he placed his hands on mine. I felt butterflies. I couldn't stop myself from smiling. He took that as a hint. And sat next to me. I looked at him and said, "Don't you dare". He was getting closer.
I closed my eyes. I could feel his breath around my chin. "You're so ready Sarah," he said softly.
I opened my eyes and hit him on the shoulder. I laughed at my stupidity.
"I can do it if you want."
I didn't let him finish his sentence.
"Stop it, Michael," I said.
"Why Sarah," he said as he came closer again.
"I don't like all those things," I said, looking down at my hands.
"Don't do this to yourself kiddo", "It's not going to help, you should move on from that asshole. Don't let your past decide your future"
He grabs my chin while saying that.
"I don't know if I can trust", "It's hard for me to trust anyone" I said.
"It's okay," he said, brushing his thumb over my cheek.
"Okay, I should go now," I said, getting back into reality.
"No, please I like talking to you" he said immediately.
"But you ignored me earlier" I said and squeezing my eyes at him.
"I am not ignoring you babe, I am just avoiding you" he said.
"I am kinda sleepy. We will talk tomorrow" I said, while standing up from the couch.
I couldn't even stand on my feet as he picked me in his arms.
"Micheal put me down. I am not kidding" I said.
He didn't say a word and I was trying so hard to loosen his grip.
"Put me down, Michael, please I will fall."
"No darling, I will never let you fall from my arms. I am pretty used to it now."
I just rolled my eyes at him as he was carrying me. He stopped near his bed and carefully placed me on it.
"Don't move," he said. As he disappeared somewhere in his apartment.
I didn't move an inch. I didn't know what happened to me when he was around.
And then he came. In his hand, there was a pillow.
"Micheal, I am not going to sleep here. I shouldn't have come here." I panicked.
"What I had said earlier. Don't move" he said while throwing his pillow on the bed.
"Micheal, listen, you're a good person, but I can't do this."
He didn't listen, he just put his head on my lap.
And grabbed my hand and placed it on his head.
He closed his eyes and said,
"Sarah, I can't sleep alone anymore please and tomorrow is going to be very hectic, so please let me sleep peacefully in your presence and I can swear when I sleep I will not stop you. You can go to your apartment after that."
He was not flirting. I felt it was a need, he needed someone to look after him, and fortunately, it happened to be me. I want to know why he acted bold and rudely in front of others. Like he is a mystery that no one can solve.