7

Miranda gripped Ben's arm in anticipation as she tapped her foot excitedly. He looked over at her and watched as her eyes darted all over the soccer field. "Almost," Miranda voiced waiting.

Layla passed the ball to Charity and she dribbled it down the field. "Good footwork," Miranda yelled out.

Charity was right at the goal and they watched as she kicked it in, going right over the goalie's head.

"Oh, they did it. I won I won!" Miranda shouted hugging Ben.

"The kids won," Ben corrected with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, I'm the coach, and with my good guidance and strong leadership. I led them straight to victory so we won." Miranda replied smugly.

Ben laughed at her and grabbed her hand pulling her onto the field to meet the girls.

"Good job lady bugs." Miranda chimed giving them high fives and hugs.

"Excellent," Ben smiled lifting his daughter.

"How about Mr. Ben and I take you all out for pizza and he pays for everything," Miranda suggested.

"Yayyy," the girls cheered running off.

"You're the surgeon,"

"And you are the gas man with the buckets of money." She countered.

"My daddy is rich," Layla chimed.

"Very wealthy," Miranda replied to Layla.

"Hi, I am Erica. We haven't really had a chance to meet. My daughter is Charity."

"Dr. Miranda Bailey," Miranda introduced. "And you have a very hardworking and talented daughter."

"Thank you and hey Ben,"

"Hey," Ben waved.

"I've been meaning to ask where's Ashleigh?"

"You should know you are her best friend." Ben chuckled but was deep down annoyed.

Erica laughed. "I have never seen you at this many games and practices." She remarked looking between Miranda and Ben.

"Miranda didn't know a thing about soccer. Too busy saving lives as a surgeon. I knew the game and I offered to be the assistant coach." Ben explained. "We want to take the girls out for pizza to celebrate. You can either drop Charity off or join us." Ben added changing the subject.

"Me and Micheal are going to join. Good job on the win as well." She smiled walking off.

Miranda rolled her eyes heavily and pursed her lips together. "I think my husband and your wife forget that they are the ones who put us in the situation."

"Exactly,"

Ben took in Miranda in her nice dress. The winter program was in full effect. There was a Santa Claus taking pictures with the kids and getting their last-minute wish list. The kids sang Christmas carols on stage and learned how to make reindeer food.

It was time for the parental dance and Miranda watched Ben take his daughter's hand and lead her to the dance floor.

Looking at the two made her really want a daughter. The sad part about this whole ordeal was going back to normal. She had developed a close bond with Layla. Now was that supposed to stop come February the 1st?

Miranda looked at two little boys standing off to the side and she walked over to them. "Hi, would you all do me the honor and dancing with me? I don't have anyone." She smiled.

"Yes," both of the little boys said simultaneously.

"What are your names?" Questioned Miranda as she held both of their hands and walked with them to the dance floor.