The Event

"Ma'am can you please sign your old book for me? Please?", A reader fan requested to Haseena as her turn came after standing in a long queue.

"sure why not!", Haseena smiled taking the both books and signed them.

As the event was going great! Way better than Haseena's co teammate thought it would go. She actually nailed with her promotion selling all her first edition hand on hand. And also got several pre bookings for second edition too. Haseena was happy to see such response to her story as well as the appreciation She received from other well known and famous writers.

As the event reached to it's end, the event manager requested all the authors to gather around so they can start the award ceremony.

Soon everyone gathered around near a small stage and took their respected seats in front of it. Haseena sat along with her pumpkin at the last corner table. Meanwhile other few famous authors occupied the front tables, because everyone's name was printed on all the tables.

"Malik ji! Aap bhi toh itni famous writer hai phir aage ki jagah aapko bhi milni chahiye na?", Rukhmani asked while looking towards the people managing the event in bit of an anger.

"Baby... Asi bat nahi hai. Darsal hamara kam naya hai na aur jo aage bethe hai wo kafi salon se iss field mai hai toh unki respect aur audha bhi bada hua na isiliye wo aage hai! Aur tabhi toh aap bhi unki fan hai haina?", Haseena explained.

"But still! I know your first book had the potential and you should be treated as one like them!", Rukhmani argued staying firm at her point.

Haseena chuckled at the fretful kiddo and answered, "Rukhmani... Kabiliyat kabhi bhi hamari jagah ya dikhave se nahi balki hamari mehnat aur uss mehnat se mile logoki di hue izzat se pata chalti hai! Ab logoke response se toh I know I am good at my writing! Phir yai aage bithaye ya piche kya fark padta hai?".

Rukhmani understood the point finally moving her angry glares towards her mother and smiled, "Ji Malik ji! Samjh gaye.. Har bar har situation ke liye positive turn out kaise soch leti hai aap?".

"Zindagi jini baki hai na aapki, thoda wqt dijiye yai aapko sab sikha degi!", Haseena said winking at her daughter. Rukhmani just laugh along with her mother's witty answers. Their attention soon grabbed by someone speaking from the stage.

"Good Evening ladies and gentlemen! First of all I would like to thank all of you for coming all the way long to appreciate our beloved and wonderful authors! What a great day! I mean har din itne talented log ek chat ke niche kaha dekhne milte right?", The host said on mic as everyone divert their focus on him.

"So! After all the meet and greet let's move on to know more of what our authors have coming up next! Yeah? So with all the cheers! I would love to welcome our winner for the best seller of tonight's exhibition..".

Rukhmani glanced towards her mother for a second and then the front whispering, "Get ready Ammi! I know that's you for sure!!".

Haseena just chuckled at her pumpkin as She had never really felt greedy towards such awards ever.

The host continued, "A person who showed up herself than just her marvelous work for the first time in her entire career, Ladies and gentlemen give a huge rounds of applause to none other than our beloved mysterious writer.. who is not so mysterious anymore haha.....Miss...."

As the announcement was about to be done, and all the readers as well as other authors were quite curious to know this person who was being announced with such enthusiasm, Haseena's phone vibrated in the middle disturbing her from hearing the announcement.

"Princess, ham abhi abhi aaye aap yahase hilna mat okay?". Rukhmani nodded her head while her head still sticked on the stage and the person being announced. As if She thought her mother just got up to walk in front to grab what's belong to her. Haseena meanwhile left the hall going outside to hear out the phone call.