Chapter 17

What The Hell.

Caylee

It’s been two months of the same daily routines. Nothing has changed, aside from Jojo and Zee being mates. They try including me in most of the things they do. But, I can’t brush off the feeling that I’m overstepping, just being around so often. 

My days go as usual, ending the same way every night… In tears. 

My birthday is this Saturday, and I’ve convinced mom not to throw a party… It isn’t much about the people. I mean I am not really a people person. Nothing against anyone it’s just I’d rather be to myself and the few people I am close to.

It’s more of a personal reason. I miss my dad… Things would be so different if he were still here. I miss him so damn much. These last four years would have never happened, if he were still here. He would’ve loved celebrating my sixteenth birthday. He wouldn’t have been happy about the possibility of finding my mate but he’d still be so happy for me. 

And because of that I can’t just go and enjoy a party he would’ve loved throwing for me. 

So, I asked her if I can just have a sleepover. She agreed, so I asked Zee and Jojo to join me Friday night. They’ll be the perfect company to bring in on my sixteenth birthday. 

It’s Monday morning and I’m on my way to first period and someone calls out my name. I stop and turn, it’s none other than Jayden. We exchange our good mornings and he mentions my birthday and I just knew it was Jojos big mouth. He assured me he wouldn’t say anything. I think he makes it a priority to make me blush. 

He’s a great person… Too great. 

Lately when he’s around I don’t fear much. It’s like he gives off a comfort that no one else can. Maybe it’s just because he’s the soon-to-be Alpha. Before, I wondered why he came around more often, and even noticed me. Now, I’ve grown used to his company. 

The week honestly flew and it is Friday. Tonight, I have my sleepover with Jojo and Zee. I am so excited to bring in my birthday with them. Mom took on an overnight shift since I didn’t want the party and wanted the sleepover with my best friends. We agreed to having brunch tomorrow on my actual birthday.

These last few nights have been the worst… Throughout the four years that I dealt with Robert, this week has been the worst. It’s like he’s doing so much more, with fear of not being able to do it ever again. As if it’s his way of making sure I never forget the things he’s done to me… 

The thing is, I’ll never forget… 

The school day went in a breeze. We are now at Jojos, as he and Zee grab their things. I see Jayden, right before we are going to head out the door. 

“Caylee.” I turned back to him. 

“Yes?” He gave me his famous smile. 

“I’ll see you tomorrow… right?” I smiled and knew my cheeks turned a shade of pink. 

“Yes.” I waved goodbye and went out to Jojos car.

We’re eating snacks and just watching a movie. It’s about 11:00 pm and I have just an hour before the big one six. Suddenly, someone barged into my room… 

Robert. 

“This may be the last time, but who would want a mate who isn’t a virgin.” 

And begins to laugh without realizing I had company. He looked up when he heard multiple gasps. 

He ran out… 

WHAT THE HELL…

Shock. 

Stuck. 

They’re staring at me… 

I am crying… 

Now sobbing… 

After some time, when I can manage my crying, I tell them everything. From when mom first married Robert, then when I had my first shift, the abuse, my silent cries, his threats, all the things done to me for the last four and a half years, by Robert. 

Once I finish telling my story, I don’t let them speak… 

I get up and run out the house. 

Shift and run into the woods.