Chapter 7

Tired.

Jayden

After dinner, I headed to my room. But of course I never made it. I was a few feet away, when my father mind linked me. 

“Come to my office.” I groaned and headed over. Hoping he wasn’t in a mood or anything.

I didn’t even get to walk two feet in and there he begins with the same bullshit.  

“Still no mate?” He knows damn well I haven’t found my mate. And at that moment, I already knew where the conversation was headed. I already knew I’d be completely irritated by the time I walked out of his office.

“No father.” He sighs. But I shrug and continue. 

“It’s only been two weeks, dad. How is she supposed to just pop up out of the blue? What if she isn’t of age yet?” And I guess that caught his attention. But it’s true. My mate could be younger than me.

“So, I’ll give you a year. If by the time the year is up, and you haven’t found her, you’ll be choosing a mate.” I sigh, knowing that I won’t have much of a choice. I’m lucky enough that he’s giving me a year. 

“I guess father…” I get up and head to my room. At the balcony, I just look up to the moon… 

“How much longer?” With a sad feeling, I go back in and get ready for bed…

The next morning is the same routine. Training, shower, breakfast, and school. I get to first period early and see Caylee already in her seat. I make my way to her with a smile. 

“Good morning Caylee.” Her cheeks become a light shade of pink. She looks so cute. 

“Good morning…” She whispers. 

Everyone starts coming in, and I take my seat next to her. Her hair is up in a messy bun today, too cute. The rest of the day goes on uneventfully. I’m laying in bed, trying to sleep and no luck. I toss and turn, until I finally doze off.

I’m thrown into a dream… 

It’s dark but I hear something. 

Crying. 

Someone’s crying. 

But who? 

As I begin to walk, I get more of a view of my surroundings. I’m in the woods, the crying gets louder. It’s a girl, definitely a girl's cry. But why is she crying? Where is she? Who is she? 

“Hello…” I yell out, but no one responds…

 Beep… Beep… Beep... 

I’m woken up by my alarm… Which is weird because I always wake up before it goes off.