Chapter 1

A/N WARNING THIS MAY BE TRIGGERING FOR SOME PEOPLE X

Taylor' p.o.v

Bruises. Surrounding my wrists. Imprinted on my thighs. Marking my stomache. Scratches. Indenting my back. Scaring my arms. Bite marks. Dug in my neck. Stinging my ankles. This was normal. Tears threatened to spill as i glanced yet again at my beastly reflection in the mirror. My petruding ribs were worse then ever and the fresh cuts along my wrists still oozed with blood. Worthless. I drew the blade across my thigh once again. Fat. Again i bought the blade to my skin. Ugly. I dropped the blade as a shaky sob pushed past my lips. My body crumbled to the floor.

My name is Taylor Rose and i am the daughter of Alpha Daine. I belong to the mid-night moon pack. You woruld imagine that life as an Alphas daughter would be great...... but it isn't. My father hates me.

My mother died when i was young, only 3. After that my father was so consumed by grief that he pushed away everyone who he was close to. That included me and his Beta Ryan. Without the Luna and Alpha the pack slowly started to crumble. We lost wars and many of our members started fleeing in fear of their lives. However, 7 years ago when i was 12, Ryan confronted my father about his stability and control of the pack. This seemed to snap my father out of the restless daze he had trapped himself in after my mothers passing. This bought joy and thankfulness to the few remainding pack members - but not for me.

As my father had bottled up all his anger over the years he still needed a release. Unfortunatley, he decided his release would be me. Every night he would come storming into my room with a foreign look branded in his eyes. His fist would connect with my lower jaw and fleshy stomache. His boot would come crashing down on my rib-cage. The back of his hand would harshly whip against my cheek. I learned to control my emotions and tears as they would only bring me more harm.

I swung my drained body over the side of the bath so i could have a shower. My hand clamped over the tap as i pulled it towards me. The steamy water came tumbling towards me and it finaly ran along the back of my head. I applied my coconut and honey shampoo before rinsing my body off. As i shut off the tap i heard my father calling my name - he sounded angry. Quickly i clambered out of the shower and grabbed the closest towl to me. I pessed it against my body as i heard my bedroom door swing open and thundering footsteps crashed towards my bathroom.

Before he had a chance to storm in himself i opened the door only to be met by the familiar pair of eyes that haunt my dreams every night.

"I have to leave the territory for a few days to discuss pack business with one of the packs from Scotland. I will be back in 5 days and i expect to see you in your bedroom when i come back because we will have a little bit of 'catching up' to do after i return. "He turned around and left without even a glance back at me.

This is the opertunity i had been waiting for for years now! I dashed over to my walk in wardrobe and pulled out the large rucksac that was burried underneath multiple shoes. I grabbed a pair of black ripped bum shorts and a white tank top. I caught a glimpse of my black and white flannel so i decided to shove that on as well. Once i had gotten changed i ran back to the bathroon to collect my make-up bag. I quickly applied a light layer of moisturising cream before my mascara and blue baby lips. I gathered the rest of my make-up and shoved that into my rucksac as well. I clambered into my black nikes as i searched around in my draw for my purse. Over the past years i had been saving every penny i had managed to claim. This should be enough. Slinging the rucksac over my shoulder i dashed over to my window and flung it open. I cautiously clambered out of my window and dropped gracefully to the floor. My body took off towards the woods.

After only a few hours of running my body was exhausted. Hundreds of thoughts raced around my head but the one that made me smile was that my wolf was over joyed that we had finaly run away from that hellish place. The claws of sleep were about to over take my body when i heard a loud twig snap off to my left.