Chapter 13

Marcus' p.o.v (vampire king)

Stupid mutt ate the berries like they are the tastiest thing alive. Surely her senses should of picked up my scent, but no. She was too busy tickling her punching bag.

Ella p.o.v

This is not good. I take a quick whiff to see if i recognize the scent but only one thing stands out. Vampire.

How did i not notice?

ALPHA!!Help i don't know what to do!She just collapsed after eating some berries that mysteriously appeared. I'm so sorry. I'm so fucking sorry.

She's hurt?

I'm so sorry. Just find us quickly we are near the waterfall. I..i..i. think i smell vampire..

VAMPIRE!

The block was placed up and i could no longer reach him. I just hope he is in a good enough condition to get here befo.....

"Hello beautiful"

Too late.

"What happened to the pretty little she wolf?"

"Piss off Marcus"

A gust of wind nearly toppled me over and a pair of gleaming red eyes stared into my soul through my eyes.

"That wasn't very nice"

An incredible pain started to develop in my lower abdomen and shortly i was writhing on floor in pain. Then. All of a sudden it stopped.

"That wasn't very fucking nice either"

"Ahh, well abilities come in useful sometimes"

"Yea they do" i murmed before a wave of water descended over Marcus forcing him to the ground. As he slowly lifted his drenched body from the ground he was side tackled my a large grey wolf. Blake.

"You shouldn't of done that you mut."

Marcus cursed before disappearing into thin air.

Blake quickly shifted back revealing himself to me in all his naked glory.

He looked awful. I had never seen someone look so destroyed and hopeless. Especially an alpha. What had been happening while we were gone? I know charlie said things were bad with Blake but this ..... i never imagined. How could he recover from this?

I snapped out of my daydream as i saw Blake hoist Taylor into his arms and start jogging in the direction of the pack house. His eyes were dark with a slight glint of worry and forgiveness.

I followed behind him but i kept my distance to give then their pivacy. When i thought the journey would be silent he spoke up to me.

"Thank you for taking care of her the last couple of days. I don't think my sanity would have lasted an hour if i had know she had been alone. I owe you for your loyalty."

"It's okay. It was my duty as a member of your pack and as her gaurdian to do so. You owe me nothing."

After that we fell into a comfortable silence. He sometimes muttered a few things into her ear like

"Get well soon princess"

or

"I love you"

or even

"I wish you hadn't left me"

--------------------------------------------

It didn't take long for the heartbroken Alpha to carry home his first and last love. When we finally stumbled over the pack house i could see the pack doctor and his team of human nurses anxiously waiting for our arrival.

When they caught sight of us they rushed Blake into a private hospital wing with Taylor.

I on the other hand followed the intoxicating scent of my mate throughout the house. His scent was everywhere but he was nowhere to be found.

Eventually i found him hunched over in the garden near the rose bush we planted on our first date.

Charlie?
I called to him via the mind link.

He shot up and started breathing heavy.

Babe? Are you okay?

"Of course i'm okay yoou jackass. Have u lost your sense of smell?"

He slowly turned around. He looked awful. Looks like he wasnt doing as well as he had said either.

"Oh Charlie .... you look terrible"

I closed my eyes.

Suddenly i felt a force sqeezing me and something wet drip on my shoulder. I opened my eyes to reveal Charlie hugging me while crying on my shoulder.

"I missed you so much baby girl. Please don't ever leave me like that again"

I can't promise him that. What if Tay needs me again?

what if our mate needs us again??? my wolf roxy growled.

"I promise"