Chapter 9

Taylor's p.o.v

I don't know what came over me. One second i was lying in bed in a coma, then the next i was running through the winding corridoors of the unfamiliar house attempting to reach the battle i could faintly hear. This girl behind me i like.

The moon godess came to me earlier to tell me who i really am. I am the fire elemental. I am the most powerful of the elementals, but in order for me to have realised this sooner i would of have to have met my mate sooner. I don't know what he is like or even his name but i do know two things. One. I will protect him during this battle with everything i have. Two. I will reject him after this battle is over. I cannot grow attached to anyone as the final battle with Marcus WILL kill me, and i don't want him to go through any more pain then neccesary.

Me and Ella are charging towards the battle and with our amazing wolfy eye sight i can see the battle is less then a mile away so it shouldn't take us much more then a minute.

A large force tunneled into my side, sending me flying through the air before crashing into a nearby tree. The strength of that wolf has left me winded and with what i guess to be a couple of broken ribs. Ouch. I slowly staggered to my feet to see Ella pinned underneath the extremely large wolf, attempting to push him off her. I sprinted over to her before ramming the rogue off of her. He scampered back to the group.

Ten seconds later we were in the midst of the fight with my mate still oblivious to our presence. A small (but painful) throb started to pulse around my chest which was making my wolf howl with saddness and anger.

What?

I called to Amy, my wolf.

Mate.

She replied with. Instantly i realised i was feeling the pain of my mate. He must be hurt. I frantically searched the battle for a sign of my mate. I couldn't see him any where but i can see Ella with Charlie. I took if towards them snapping a few rogues necks on the way.

Charlie!Ella!

I screamed through the mind link.

Yeah!?!?!?

They both replied at the same time.

Have you seen Blake anywhere?

Yeah he was just over there.

Ella pointed her head over to where a ring of rogues was surrounding my mate. Great. Just great. Now i have to go save his sorry arse.

I leapt over the ring of rogues and landed gracefully beside Blake. He was curiously staring at the side of my head while i was snarling and snapping at the approaching wolves. Crap, i forgot he hasn't seen me in my wolf form before.

I was larger then the average size of a female wolf but that is probably because of my Alpha blood and mate. My fur is a silky jet black colour with red streaks running through it, they resemble the fire element.

I burrowed my nuzzle into his neck in a loving way. His ears perked as he recognised my scent. A growl instantly passed through his lips as i saw his eyes darker as his wolf took over. He shoved me down to the floor and lowered his body on top of mine in a protective stance. Stupid over-protective mate doesn't want me to fight. Well i want to fight so tough luck mate.

I rolled over - knocking his paws out from underneath him as he fell to the floor. At the sight of a vulnerable Alpha the rogues took their chance and pounced on my unsuspecting mate.

Noooo! I cried through the mind link, closing my eyes. The snarls and growls were soon replaced with yelps and wimpers that seemed to be coming from more then one wolf.

I cautiously opened my eyes. My mate and i were surrounding by a blazing ring of fire. The rogues were either cowering away from the scene or perishing in the flames.

I glanced down at my mate, his expresions changing from worry to scared to proud to protective.

I think they know our secret Ella?!

No shit!