Chapter One

Note
,(The picture is Soifon but with Blue eyes)

It was eight o'clock in the morning and a young woman was receiving a guided tour of the UIC Police Headquarters by Detective Lindsay. As it was her first day, she attentively listened to Lindsay's instructions, saying, "Please proceed upstairs. Your handprint has been programmed, granting you access to the bullpen. Give it a try."

Upon placing her hand on the illuminated handprint, Soifon entered the bullpen, accompanied by Lindsay. "Excellent. Let us now proceed upstairs, where I will show you the location of your desk!" Lindsay exclaimed, leading the way.

Upon reaching the bullpen, Soifon observed her future colleagues and felt a sense of relief in recognizing at least one person, or two if Erin's foster father Hank Voight is included. "Over there is Olinsky, that's Atwater, this is Ruzek, and Antonio is located there. You will meet Jay and Mouse later. However, this is your designated desk, where you can personalize it according to your preferences."
"Welcome to the team, Soifon!" Antonio greeted as he walked over to the two.

Soifon gave a small, respectful nod to the elderly man, Antonio, who had walked over to Erin and her. In a confident yet humble tone, she promised, "Thank you, sir. I will do my best!" Antonio beamed in approval of her words. He replied, "I bet you will," and gave her an encouraging smile. After exchanging pleasantries with the two girls, he made his way back to his desk.

Soifon's tone was one of genuine appreciation and relief as she thanked Erin for allowing her to sit near her desk. She wanted the comfort of being near someone she knew in the unfamiliar office environment. Her smile was full of gratitude as she placed her bag on her desk and hung her coat on the chair. Erin's reply was kind and understanding, speaking in a warm, reassuring tone that understood Soifon's apprehension. "Don't worry about it, and don't hesitate to come to any of us and ask questions. We are here to help." Her words filled Soifon with a renewed sense of confidence as if she now had a support system in the workplace.

Warmth shone in Soifon's eyes as she watched her old friend walk away towards her desk. She smiled fondly, excited for the opportunity her friend had been given and the chance for them to work together. She was looking forward to the opportunity to get to know more of her peers, but realized it would take some time to adjust and familiarize herself with everyone. Taking a deep breath, she affirmed her commitment to being the best she could, feeling that working together was going to be an exciting journey.

After a few hours of meticulously arranging the items on her desk, Soifon patiently awaited the commencement of a new case. Voight had assured them that he would provide them with a task. Erin approached Soifon's desk and inquired about her progress.

"How is everything going?" she asked, leaning against the desk. Soifon, sporting a small smile, candidly acknowledged, "At the moment, it is rather boring.' Her friend's smile remained intact as she responded, "I am glad to hear that everything else is going well." Erin placed her hand gently on top of Soifon's desk and warmly stated, "It is good to see you again, Soi."Soifon reciprocated, "Same, it is wonderful to see you as well!"

"Hey, want to go to the basement and meet Jay and Mouse? They're down there. Jay is actually new too, so he's helping Mouse!" Erin enthusiastically suggested. Soifon grinned and replied, "Sure, why not? It's better than just waiting around for a case to come in!" Her comment made the woman leaning on the desk laugh, causing Soifon to chuckle as well.

"Don't worry, Voight will find us a case," Erin assured as she got off her friend's desk. Soifon stood up and pushed her chair back in place. Soifon agreed with a small smile and followed the brunette down to the basement where Jay and Mouse were located.

It didn't take the two women much time to descend to the basement. Soifon could perceive the sound of voices emanating from that level. "Jay will collaborate with us on legal matters, while Mouse will handle phone communications and assist us in surveillance by accessing cameras and conducting research," Erin elucidated as they approached the two men engaged in conversation.