-127- fucking Mira

"Yuki!" I hear a faint voice, "Yuki, Yuki it's okay, you're not there!" I feel the tight grip of soft hands on my face and into focus comes Chishiyas worried gaze. "You're alright. You're here. You're not there. Just breathe."

"But Takeru—"

"You're not there." He whispers again, "You're here."

"All the despair you felt..." I hear Miras voice again, "Those gruesome scenes you'll never forget..."

My eyes waver from Chishiya back to Arisu, who has tears in his eyes as well. I gently take his hand, and the monitors turn to Mira again, when she begins to sob loudly.

"And that... really touched me!" She fakely sobs out.

Arisu's gaze turns confused and even Chishiya, who still holds my face in his hands, stares bewildered at the scene in front of us.

"And that's why we have a present for you!" She excitedly tells us, "To all the surviving players."

"Can we go home?" Kuina asks as if Mira could hear her.

Mira exclaims heavily, "There will be a completely new game! And in this game, you will he able to collect the face cards!"

"New game?!" Kuina asks annoyed.

Chishiya smirks slightly as he positions himself directly next to the both of us and grabs my hand, "I don't hate that idea."

I pull my hand away, "I do."

Mira breathes excitingly again, "We've got many more wonderful and exciting games in store for you all! And I'm so happy for you to play them! So be prepared!" She cries out happy tears.

"This woman..." Usagi begins, "Is she the game master?"

"I think I'd rather have an alien up there." Kuina husks out.

"Yeah. Anything better than a fucking hearts specialist." I sneer annoyed.

Smiling maliciously, Mira continues, "The next stage starts tomorrow, when the clock strikes noon."

"We won't make it back in time." I realize as i stare at Chishiya and Kuina. "Not if we want to be rested for tomorrow."

"Back where?" Arisu asks but I ignore him, focussing on Mira.

"We will have so much fun together!" Mira calls out happily.

Usagi huffs sadly, "So it will just continue. We'll have to fight once again."

"Yeah." Arisu breathes out defeated. "But
there's a difference. We know what our goal is."

"Yeah." I back him up. "An I'm going to slice Mira apart."

The monitors turn black and for a short amount the room is swallowed in darkness. Chishiya immediately flips his lamp on, illuminating us all.

"We should find a shelter." Kuina proposes and I nod in approval.

We leave the tunnels, and realize its already dark outside. "You wanna go somewhere with us?" I ask Arisu and Usagi, "I would understand if not."

"No it's okay." Arisu smiles at me, "We can stay together. That is—" he says, glancing at Usagi.

She hugs herself but nods, "Yeah, okay."

I smile at them. "Let's go to that building over there." I point to a small hotel building that's on the opposite side of the street.

We walk up until we're at the third floor and break into a hotel room. As I step into the room, I'm greeted by a simple yet practical space. The walls are painted in soft, neutral tones, creating a calm and inviting atmosphere. The floor is covered in easy-to-clean carpeting, giving the room a cozy feel.