Chapter Nine: City?

(Later...)

"Kawasumi!" Her Majesty hollered.

The whole room, hallway and throne room, was dimly lit. Her Majesty paced back and forth beside her throne. Her hands were clenched in fists.

"I need them to go to the city. I need It." She murmured rapidly to herself over, and over again.

No guards were with her. There didn't have to be. No one dared to do anything to Her Majesty, as a good amount worshipped her; saw her as a god.

"Yes?" Kawasumi kneeled.

"Oh good, you're here," Her Majesty flashed a genuine smile from joy.

"Were you able to... Eliminate... Sky?" Her tone was laced with pure malice as she said Wisp's little brother's name.

Kawasumi paused for a minute, thinking about how Sky pleaded for his life as she slit the knife into his throat.

"Yes, I did." Kawasumi told Her Majesty.

She clapped, "Oh goodie! That one got too close to our precious castle. I really do hate to pick off at their family, but they do it themselves."

Queen Edge then added, mostly to herself in a smaller, sicker tone, "Watch that next one be Thought. Oh, well I suppose it works out because one can break a promise once the promise-maker is 𝒹ℯ𝒶𝒹."

Kawasumi nodded.

"Ah, nevermind. Kawasumi?" She turned to her again.

"Hm?"

"It's late, I know, but could you go fetch those two servants— Ken'ichi and Hidden —Oh, and that visitor as well,"

"As you wish." Kawasumi replied.

"Wait, what are we going to the city for?" Hidden whispered loudly.

"Oh, okay," She nodded; she seemed confused on why they were going to get groceries so early in the morning. However, she didn't say anything about that aspect.

"Didn't Edge also say that we're supposed to put whatever this is," — Ken'ichi held up a bottle—"onto each of the groceries?"

"M— maybe it's just some honey," Hidden said quickly. She still talked in that abnormally loud voice.

"Do you really think that the so-called queen out of all people would ever be nice enough to give her subjects honey?" Myeong-Jun snorted in response.

Hidden stayed quiet. She didn't say another word about it. Smart kid.

"We're here." Kawasumi spoke up, interrupting the silence in the air.

"Woah— huh, that was so fast!" Hidden finally spoke up.

Their carriage had come to a stop. How Hidden was somehow idiotic enough to forget they were on a carriage, no one will ever know.

The driver didn't tell anyone to get out. He couldn't — It was against Droplet Tribe's law to order one doing a mission for Her Highness to leave. However, he stared everyone down, as if to tell them to leave.

The pale-colored deer shook its mighty horns. Hidden was quickly the first one to get off. That wimp got scared of everything. Even from a deer from Leaf Tribe.

Ken'ichi seemed to stare at the deer for a long moment, as if he had just realized it was there. As if he was sympathetic of it.

Myeong-Jun then grabbed Ken'ichi's hand, snapping the crazy boy out of his state. She pulled him out and down.