Twenty-One

(WARNING! Do not read any farther if the topics of blood & harm unnerve you)

~Wisp~

Every inch of her ached.

Along with a soft clicking that itched her mind.

  "I can't wait any longer!" A painfully annoying voice crashed through her daze. This time, it raked fear through her — A sharp pain; cold as ice.

  As her eyes fluttered open, she realized why fear had such a hard grip on her. In front of her hovered Edge, as her sharp eyes watched them like a hawk and waited to see if any awoke.

  She noticed her, and instantly clapped. A wide smile plastered over her face.

  "Oh good! I would have thought you dead, but here you are! Alive and swell," She pushed her way near her ear, with hot breath tingling her skin, "and ready to entertain me,"

  Snapping her fingers, a small servant who reminded her too much of hidden when she was little, scurried towards them. The small kid wore a pair of one of Edge's sharp claw-like nails. He closed his eyes, and drew one long line on each of the remaining sleeping individuals. Blood softly danced about.

  Snapping her fingers again, the small boy ran back to her, and ripped off each claw. Edge popped one in her mouth, and sucked on it, before letting the rest drip into a clear vase, full of the red substance.

  She blinked down at her unmarked arm and thought, "Why didn't she have the same done to me?"

  Her eyes darted about the place they were in. Darkness filled every inch, save for a flame near Edge. It twirled about on a small vine. Illuminating them.

  A sharp scent of rotting fish hit her. Edge grinned when Wisp crinkled her nose. Tugging on a chain, she brought out a being with what looked like a thousand little marks about her.

A being that looked a lot like her.

  Edge lifted the person's head, to reveal a face with red tears streaming down her face.

  "She didn't want you to be hurt," Edge barked out a laugh, "and took the punishments for your sins instead,"

  Wisp screamed, that would just about do it for whoever else was still asleep, and her head raced with sharp thoughts of 'Thought.'

Thought, who wasn't moving.

Thought, her sister.

Thought — dead.

  "Wisp," Hidden mumbled, "Where are we?"

Frozen.

Can't move.

Say something.

Don't let her win.

Don't let her know you're weak.

  Edge spoke for her, "Well, I remember Drought telling me where his mother and aunt were slaughtered. I only thought this would be the best place to have fun with you!"

  She approached them slowly. The ties on Wisp became more and more aggravating.

  Before Edge could stand in front of Hidden, a large clash sounded through. The dark walls surrounding them collapsed. Suddenly, they were on Edge's balcony.

  With a large sword in her hand, Queen Petal stood far above Edge. Her guards filed beside her. A look of pure disgust washed over Queen Petal.

  She snarled at Edge, "You horrible fiend! How can you ever find it in your wretched heart to do... this!"

  At first Edge hinted fear.

  Then she laughed.

  She picked up her red vase, and strode up to her.

  "Care for a drink?" Edge laughed again.

  Dumbfounded, Petal merely froze there.

  Time slowed. Edge poured the blood over Petal's shiny hair. She let the thing clatter to the floor; shards flying everywhere. A couple must've hit someone's eyes, by the loud yelp.

  As she made two fists, two vines sprouted from the hard stone floor. They enveloped Petal and her guards.

  Now, the queen thrashed. This only made Edge smile more.

  Wisp willed herself to look at the others. To her left, she saw Rustic try to undo his rope.

  'Don't.' Wisp wasn't able to find her words, but she tried to will the idea to him.

  Another laugh danced through Edge. She picked up Petal's crown, and placed it on her head.

  Crackling lit the setting. Darkness filled the sky with thick clouds. Ash roared through. Slowly, a strong gust began to strengthen.

  Edge gingerly picked up Petal's sword, and plunged it between her eyes. Smiling like a true psychopath during the process. She didn't flinch once.

  Yelling amongst the guards sounded. Why hadn't they moved either? Why wasn't she able to move?

  As she sauntered towards her, Hidden lunged up from behind. Just as the wind began to pick up, and toss items about.

  Her throat stung from the raining ash.

  Her mind, foggy.

  Edge's claws reached for her. Her smile pierced her eyes. Now, more than ever, it was harder to focus of more than just —her—.

  ℒ𝒾𝓀ℯ 𝒶 𝒻𝓁𝒶𝓂ℯ 𝒹𝒶𝓃𝒸𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶𝒸𝓇ℴ𝓈𝓈 𝒶 𝓋𝒾𝓃ℯ.ℳℯ𝓈𝓂ℯ𝓇𝒾𝓏𝒾𝓃𝑔.

  Before her claws could reach her eyes, little Hidden yanked her back. Nearby, someone let out another yelp.

  The two wrestled on the balcony. They teetered by the edge. Wisp still couldn't find it in her to say a word. Nor did she hear the others saying anything — or moving.

  "Dammit! Why isn't it working on you?" Edge hissed. She tried uselessly to pry Hidden's smaller hands off her neck.

  The storm had picked up quite a bit. Doomsday lingered forward. Wisp remembered a blip of that passage she read — The part where it told of how the end would come when another tribe tried to conquer a different one.

  Grunting, Edge rammed the both of them off the edge. Not a sound could be heard other than the roaring wind.

  As the storm began to rage harder; ripping the oasis of their ruined planet, partials began to rush about.

  Something, maybe Thought, or maybe a chunk of the railing, crashed into her.

Darkness cradled her once again.