Chapter Seven: 'Her Majesty' and Myeong-Jun (1/2)

~Myeong-Jun~

The city streets were bustling with people.

  Droplet Tribe Villagers.

      Followers of Edge.

            Enemies.

                 None of them could be...

                        Trusted.

  She could imagine what would happen to the Droplet Tribe villagers if their oh-so great queen was slaughtered. They would be left with no one to claim the throne.

No one at all.

  If Droplet Tribe crumbles, she'll hardly care. Why would she care for a random tribe? —The tribe that was sheltering Ji-ho.

  Everything in the world will be okay, right? She wouldn't be harming anyone close to her, right?

  There is currently no one who she cares about in Droplet Tribe, so she shouldn't care... So why does she have worries about taking down Droplet Tribe?

  Myeong-Jun then stopped in her tracks— and thoughts —as her eyes caught sight of a flier.

  Then, Queen Edge strode to her. It was like she teleported to her. She smiled gently, and picked up the flier. Her eyes were hollow; they held no emotions inside those green orbs.

  "Oh," She laughed; a wicked grin was slaughtered on her dim face, "I suppose you do want to go to the Arena Fight?"

  Myeong-Jun twitched a little. She was trying to not just kill Queen Edge right there and now. As much as that so-called Queen annoyed her, she couldn't kill her right now.

    "It looks interesting." Myeong-Jun shrugged, trying to act nonchalant, "Is there room for me?"

  'Her Majesty' cocked her head to the side. Hatred flooded through her.

  "Of course there is, silly!" She laughed again — It wasn't a very pleasant sound.

  She continued, "This one is in the memory of your brother. I'm sure you'll make a very great— I'm sure you'll be as great as him, one day,"

  'Ji-ho's not great at all.' Myeong-Jun thought bitterly, rolling her eyes. Was this queen stupid or something? Couldn't she tell how un-great Ji-ho was?

  "Alright then, I'll go watch the fight. If it's not entertaining, I will get why it's in my brother's thick skull." Myeong-Jun said then paused for a moment.

Then, she continued, "Are there assigned seats?"

  "Ji-ho had a very nice skull," She scowled, and then added again with a smile, "Of course, I'll have you seated next to that servant. What was his name again..? Ah, yes, Ken'ichi,"

  She, then, muttered something about some guy named Drought. Ken'ichi's name and hers were thrown in there a few times. Death, revenge, and jealousy laced through her tone.

  Edge grinned; she now mainly was talking to herself. However, it was out-loud.

  "You two get along well. It would be... Such a shame if something were to happen to one of you,"

  "Who is this...Ken'ichi? What do you mean by us getting along well?" Myeong-Jun questioned. Curiosity began to fill her eyes.

  'I feel like I've heard that name before... but when?' She thought, trying to recall her memories. Nothing came up.

  "Ken'ichi? The servant you were talking to... Hm, only a couple days ago?" Her eyes dug in hers for information.

  "I have eyes and ears everywhere, you know." She added with a smirk.

  Her 'eyes and ears' probably didn't have much of a choice, but to follow her.

  The queen then stalked off. Her tall boots, tall black boots that had splashes of dried blood on them, were the only sound in the area. She swayed her hands by her side, and hummed some nursery rhyme.

  Before her silhouette was able to disappear behind an alleyway, she turned around. 'Her Majesty', as she loved to be referred as, was in hearing distance.

  "Slaughtering the weak... That is why Droplet Tribe will never be taken down.

I hope you don't prove to be weak, Myeong-Jun."