Chapter Ten: MaPaNJ (1/2)

~Myeong-Jun~

(Don't question the title...)

A couple hours after noon, the group arrived back. At this time, lower servants and such were scurrying around to do what's-her-face's duties. The tall dome-like roof around the throne streamed in warm sunlight. The heat wasn't too good for their items, but nothing anyone could do to change the temperature.

Though, it wasn't like she cared anyways.

She saw Ken'ichi turn to look at her. He seemed to be getting closer and closer to her— on accident.

Myeong-Jun frowned, and started to move away from him. She quickly shot him a glare, then she turned her head away from him. Just looking at Ken'ichi made her feel uneasy at times.

"Y— Your Majesty?" Hidden said in a quiet tone as she kneeled down.

Following Hidden, Ken'ichi and Kawasumi both kneeled down in front of the 'Queen'. Meanwhile, Myeong-Jun stared at them. 'Why should I even kneel down?' She thought, looking at the 'queen'.

She would never—ever—bow down to a person like Edge. It's not like she's even a citizen of Droplet Tribe. She's just a visitor—That this 'Edge' is obsessed with.

"Kneel down." Kawasumi whisper-ordered Myeong-Jun.

"Pfft, never." Myeong-Jun responded, in her rebellious manner. She then rolled her eyes at Kawasumi, "Why should I anyways? Edge is not my queen. She's just a person who has lost all of their neurons."

Kawasumi stood up. "I forbid you from disrespecting Her Majesty."
Kawasumi's eyes then were glaring at her. The Edge-Lover gave off a murderous aura.

Unbeknownst of Kawasumi's death stare, Myeong-Jun was inclined by Kawasumi's eyes. For some reason, they seemed to resemble the eyes of someone her 'brother' had liked. She'd forgotten everything about that person though. It's not like she'll care about her brother's love life.

Finally then, resigning, Kawasumi then turned back to Her Majesty, and kneeled down. As soon as she did, she shot a warning at Myeong-Jun.

"M-Myeong-Jun?" Ken'ichi started. He stumbled on his own words. "How are you so... brave?"

"Shut up! I don't want to hear... you..." Myeong-Jun started. She'd suddenly felt very embarrassed talking to Ken'ichi. Every time Myeong-Jun had talked to Ken'ichi, she would get embarrassed. She wasn't sure if others could see her embarrassment. Hopefully they couldn't. "...say anything."

"Do you have the items?" That queen somehow managed spawn in front of them.

"Yes, we do, Your Majesty." Ken'ichi replied.

"Good. Place them down here. Go on, place them down," Queen Edge patted down on a table that also somehow spawned in with her in the center of the damn hallway.

Ken'ichi nodded. He turned to Myeong-Jun. "Would you like me to bring the groceries you're holding to the table instead?" He asked.

Myeong-Jun, at once, was flabbergasted. "I-uh, sure..."

Ken'ichi then took the groceries from Myeong-Jun, and placed them on the table next to the 'queen'.

"Good!" She smiled for half a second, and then turned away. That smile dimmed down to an ugly frown full of hatred.

She snapped her fingers. Quickly, a very short servant — Wait, was that a kid? Was she really making little kids do her dirty shit? — came in and whisked away the table with the food items uneasily quaking back and forth.

Then, 'Her Majesty' smacked her fingers together a second time. A good-sized herd of her minions came to whisk Myeong-Jun away. Now, that 'queen' gave a real smile.

"Toodles! We will see you at the meeting! Get ready fast!" Queen Edge then stalked off fast. Her heels seemed to click on the floor in some rhythm.

~*~

"What is taking those blasted Royals so long?" Queen Edge tisked in a growl-like tone.

The room they were in was perched up on the four trees for the four Tribes. The hybrids weren't too happy, as they wanted representation as well, so another sapling was being grown as well.

It was a large room. The colorful walls spiraled out into seemingly all directions. The trunk of the tree lay in the center of the room. An old scroll was nailed to its slightly peeling bark. The scroll was written in an older language, and was harder to differ what was written on it, rather than their modern language.

It had something to say on how the Tribes would never ruin, or take another's tribe. An old tale spoke of how the Outside — The harsh, unlivable desert that surrounded the four Tribes — would slowly spread into the fruitfulness of the Tribes, until it reached this very center tree. That was only if the Tribes broke into chaos, and tried to ruin the other's territory.

How did the Outside come into play? Well, their whole world used to be full of color and life. There were no tribes. No abilities. No separation.

Then, one man grew full of greed. He wanted it all to be his. He wanted power. He wanted to be worshipped as a god.

So, to reach his "godliness," he found a way to give each being an ability. Seeing as how happy they were with their tiny bit of power, they then started to praise him. He, himself, was able to start to be seen as a god.

However, he still wanted more.

The world then started to spiral out into chaos. As it always does, when one gets too much hold of power.

A disease spread throughout his body, and when it finally set him dead, it broke free through his palace, and to the surrounding areas. No one knew how it started. It just appeared. Some very religious people say it came from his rotten soul. Who knew, though?

As it quickly spread throughout the land, four leaders decided to mark the very tree where the modern Tribes would be having their meeting. They made this oath before it was too late, and the disease stopped. However, it didn't slink away. Just paused.

The safe-land eventually developed into how it is today. Maybe one day the ill-ridden land would be healed. Then again, maybe not. Perhaps it would all crumble to dust, and there would be no more life. Who knew?

At least, that's what the writing on these old walls told. It sort of made sense. Watch that 'queen' be the one to ruin it all in the end.

"Phew! That was a long journey," A high-pitched tone laughed.

Here we go.