Chapter 1 It Begins

Build, mine, run! He had to hurry before time was up. Grian ran everywhere gathering materials and placing blocks. He had to finish up the building he was working on. But something strange happened as Grian was about to place the second to last block. There was a chime and Grian turned. He saw the last copper block oxidized.

Shockwaves traveled through the entire server. Grain was the first to feel it and fell off of his building. Dust of copper bits floated in the air. Breathing in some of the dust, Grian felt his lungs burn a bit. Then using his sweater as a filtering mask he started to head toward Boatem to warn the others.

                        (At Big Eyes)

Thundershock force Keralis and Bdubs away from their shopping area. Keralis hit his head on one of the buildings while flying past it. His vision went black while Bdubs fell into the water getting a cut on his cheek from Keralis' sword as they went in different directions. Swimming up to the surface, Bdubs could see dust particles, but they were more metallic like. He covered his mouth as soon as he felt a burning sensation in his lungs. Gracefully swimming to shore Bdubs saw Keralis knocked out by one of the layout plans of a building. But there was something different. Keralis was rapidly changing into Copper but was still breathing.

Bdubs eyes widened with fear. He had to find Tango and hope he didn't turn into Copper as well. Then he got a text from Grian.

<Grian>
Bdubs, where are you? Are you not Copper?

<BdoubleO>
I'm at my place but Keralis is turning to Copper and by the looks of it about to wake up!

<Grian>
GET OUT OF THERE!
Find anyone else who is not Copper and bring them to Impulse's Factory!

Bdubs ran as fast as he could away from Keralis and gathered his stuff together from his starter base before he went to look for Tango. Then he snuck off to Fifi's Cave only to see Keralis was already heading down into it.

"Uh, no."

                       (With Tango)

Tango felt the shockwaves and tried to keep his balanced. But it grew to strong for him and he fell down on his back. Suddenly a pointed dripstone fell down on his thigh. Pain shot through his leg. He tried to get it out but to no avail. He saw copper flecks surround him as he laid back down on the ground.

The pain was too much for him that he fell asleep. He woke up to someone grabbing one of his arms. He saw it was Keralis but there was something different about him. Then he felt pain surged through his arm.

"Keralis, what are...." Tango was cut off by something in his mouth with a metallic taste.

Keralis brought a finger to his mouth with a Copper shine to his skin.

"Come Join Us Tango!" a group of voices said.

But Keralis didn't move his lips. Tango's eyes widened with fear as he tried to move but found his other arm stuck by a copper spike. Watching with horror, Tango saw Keralis create a copper dagger and slowly bring it down to his stomach. Moving slowly to the right, the dagger cut through Tango's jacket vest and shirt. He felt a sharp prick before searing pain jolted through him. He screamed but couldn't make a single sound.

"Join Us Tango! Join Us!"

Tango let tears roll down his cheek as the pain increased, when suddenly he saw Bdubs hit Keralis with a pickaxe, which made him crack slightly. Bdubs then carefully mined the copper spikes and dripstone to free Tango. Extending a hand Tango grabbed Bdubs' and together they took off out of Fifi's Cave.