Chapter 4 Impulse

August 21, 2021 Sometime after they leave the base and split.

Impulse got to the Nether Portal and waited for Cub. As soon as Cub got there they entered the Nether. Cub was the first to take off his mask.

"The air is fine Impulse," he said giving him a warm smile.

Impulse pulled down his mask and breathed in the Nether air. It felt spicy but that was normal. They walked around the Nether collecting the ingredients they would need. They managed to get Ghast tears and gunpowder from the Ghasts, the Blaze rods from the Blaze and some Nether Wart from the Fortress itself.

"Got it all?" Impulse asked.

"Yep, let's head back to the Overworld and get the last of the things," Cub suggested.

Just as they were about to head to Cub's place Impulse heard a voice. It sounded like a cry for help. Impulse stopped and looked around not seeing anyone. Listening, he heard a rocket go off and heard another cry for help. As he turned back to the portal he heard a voice getting louder and closer.

"LOOK OUT!!!"

Suddenly, Impulse was knocked to the ground by the powerful force. The pressure on his chest lightened. Pushing himself up to his knees, Impulse looked over to see a familiar face.

"Wels?"

"Hey, Impulse," Wels greeted with a warm smile, but his eyes still held fear.

Cub helped Impulse up and all three of them stood facing each other not sure what to do. That was until the sound of grinding metal came into earshot. Impulse cringed at it and Wels immediately put out his sword, which was partially flecked with copper.

"They must've found me already," Wels shakily said.

Impulse pulled up his mask and so did Cub. Cub pulled out a shirt and handed it to Wels, who took it with a confused look.

"You'll need it to breathe in the Overworld. But we need to be quick," Cub explained.

Wels nodded and sheathed his sword. Impulse then saw in the distance coppered Joe and IJevin. Impulse then grabbed his friends hands and yanked them through the portal. When they reached the other side they all looked around to see Cub's place had copper covered parts of the ground and buildings.

"Let's get the supplies we need fast before we head back to base," Impulse said.

Cub nodded and led the way. Just as they finished collecting the last of the stuff, there was a grinding of metal again. Fear ran through their spines. Impulse silently signaled to them that it was time to go. Cub and Wels followed Impulse outside towards the Factory. Just as they got to the gate Impulse ushered the others in. Suddenly he felt something painful go through his arm and leg.

"I got one!" a metallicy voice said.

Impulse turned to see a coppered False and a coppered Beef. Trying to move Impulse called out quietly.

"Cub, Wels, help."

Suddenly he felt something grabbed him and toss him to the ground. The pain in his arm and leg increased. Suddenly there was pressure around his neck and he could barely breathe. He looked up into the soulless eyes of the coppered False.

"Let's change this one shall....." False was interrupted and let Impulse's throat go.

Impulse sat up and saw False had an unusual arrow protruding out of her back. Then he saw Cub shot another arrow. He heard another metallicy voice grunt as he turned just in time to see Beef fall over.

"Come on, let's get you to Gem," Cub said.

Cub lifted him up and together they got back to the base. Wels was sitting on one of the couches with Gem over looking him. Cub got Impulse down on the couch next to Wels. Gem then looked him over and got him bandaged up. At least one other hermit is okay.

Information for this chapter

Coppered:
Joe
IJevin
Beef
False

Partially Coppered
Impulse
Cub
Wels
Gem