IMPORTANT

Hi Lovelies,

I hope you all are doing fine. 😊

For those of you following me on IG, you're probably aware of what's been going on. But I am anyway, rehashing the entire incident that took place.

So here is what happened exactly:

A reader on IG informed me one of my book's contents is being used by another author. She even sent me the reel of that author's content. I checked it out and did find it similar. But that could have also been a coincidence so I checked her other reels and found another that had similarities.

But I was still dubious, did not want to blame someone just by watching her reels. I still refuted the ideas of any kind of plagiarism. However, to be completely sure I went through some of the chapters of her book on Wattpad. I hardly went through 3 or 4 chapters and all of them had derived ideas from my books.

Being inspired is one thing but copying bits of plot is another. She is a newbie author and has not copied directly. But anyone familiar with my books would easily spot the resemblance.

Not only this, but even a few days back I saw reels that consisted of plots of The Accidental Husband [not an exact plot but scenes similar to the one I had already posted reels on]. That book is not even completed for the ideas to get stolen. I agree ideas could be similar sometimes but not the exact thing right.

I had already ignored what happened with TAH and ETMF but now it's happening with MINE too. I've poured my heart and soul into my writing, and such incidents are nothing short of a shock.

Nevertheless, I refrained from publicly calling out the other author. Engaging in an argument seemed pointless to me. Additionally, I'm well aware that Wattpad isn't likely to take action. Unfortunately, Wattpad doesn't seem to prioritize the concerns of free authors, although, I am still grateful to the platform as it's easily accessible to both authors and readers.

I was contemplating what to do about this whole fiasco which is why there has not been any update recently. I can't let people continue to copy my work, but at the same time, I don't want to disappoint my readers by removing my stories from here. So, I organized a Q&A session on my Instagram handle, and many of you offered valuable suggestions.

I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to all of you for your suggestions; they've been immensely helpful.

Now, let's get to what I've decided:

I'll be posting upcoming chapters on a paid platform. I understand that many of my readers may not be able to afford to pay for a book, so I've got a solution for you as well. Just be a little patient and read on till the end.

I'll release at least two chapters at once for my paid readers, with exclusive content available exclusively to them. Even the mystery revelation would be done earlier to the paid readers if needed.

Paid readers will enjoy early access to the chapters, while those reading on Wattpad will need to wait.

This is the only way I can delay updates on Wattpad to reduce the risk of my hard work being copied. While this solution doesn't guarantee that my books won't be copied, it should help reduce the likelihood. Initially, I considered discontinuing my Wattpad updates altogether, but I received numerous requests not to do so, and I didn't want to let anyone down. As a fellow reader, I understand your concerns. You're not to blame, but this is the path forward. I love updating on Wattpad, but repeated incidents like these have made it increasingly challenging.

I'll resume updating my ongoing books on Wattpad by the end of this month or in November. However, those who can afford to pay for the chapters will have early access. Rest assured, the book will not be put on hold for paid readers.

Now, let me provide you with some information regarding the paid platform:

I've chosen Scrollstack as the platform for publishing my books moving forward. It's a versatile content publishing platform that isn't exclusively tailored for authors but offers a suitable space for my work.

I opted not to explore other platforms like goodNovel because they typically retain the copyright of my work indefinitely, a condition I cannot agree to. Moreover, platforms of that nature don't offer the level of flexibility I require. While Kindle is a viable alternative, it primarily accepts complete books, which doesn't align with my current approach. As of now, Scrollstack appears to be the best fit for my needs. It's important to note that Scrollstack doesn't have a dedicated app; it's accessible through a website.

I'll be releasing a minimum of two chapters together on Scrollstack. The minimum cost I can set for this content is Rs. 10, covering the two chapters. Please understand that I can only increase this amount, not decrease it. Rest assured, any increase in cost will only apply if I post two chapters exceeding 6,000 words or more than two chapters.

I want to emphasize that this decision is not an easy one for me, but it's driven by my strong dislike for those who plagiarize others' hard work. I hope you all can understand my concerns and will continue to support me.

Scrollstack Details:

Below is the URL of my account.

https://shree-storyteller.stck.me

You guys can access my books using this or you can wait till I provide the link of the same on my Instagram account. I will do that by midnight or early morning.

 I will do that by midnight or early morning

P.S -> The next two chapters of The Royal Pact are already published there.

******

Last but not least, please follow me on Instagram if you haven't to be updated about the upcoming chapters, reels & posts of my books and to be aware of any other significant things.

My Username is: shree_storyteller

Sending you all lots of love. ❤️

Thanks,

Shrishtee