Chapter 6: You Won

Nina's POV:

We were all in class. Mathematics class was going on. Everyone was half asleep or doing their own stuff.

I was busy texting Alex under my table. He was having Literature class at that point. He was dying to meet me today. I bet many girls must have gossip about my looks and it must have reached to Alex.

All of a sudden, our professor, Ms Beige, woke up from her seat and stood in front of the class.

I immediately kept my phone aside and looked at her. Those sleeping woke up as well.

"Well well! I just saw a miracle in this class. Darren would you like to tell me why were you staring at Nina for the past 15 minutes? I've been watching you.", Ms Beige clarified.

I couldn't believe my ears. I quickly turned towards Darren's direction. He was smiling at Ms Beige and staring at me as well.

I should be feeling happy that Darren has lose the bet but why am I feeling something else. Why am I feeling nervous and shy at the same time? I'm totally confused.

*****************
It was already after school. I was at the school rooftop thinking about Darren. I mean I don't feel anything for him but why was I feeling awkward. Oh god! I seriously need help.

I was distracted from my thoughts when someone came and hug me from behind. He pleaded his cheek on my shoulder and kissed my cheek.

I quickly turned around and saw Alex. He was looking dashing like always. He smiled at me.

"You looking different today Nina. I love the change. You're looking better than Lara. I bet you would win.", Alex said.

"Um... I hope I'm not disturbing.", Darren interrupted us.

"Hey Darren! Thanks for letting me win this bet!", I exclaimed.

Darren gave a sweet smile and walked towards me. Her was smiling at me! He was smiling at me just like how he would smile at Lara. Wait what's going on.

"I let you win the challenge because you deserve it. I can't believe I'm going to say this but you looking better than Lara. I know I shouldn't be saying this but it's wrong to be bias or unfair."

He walked closer towards me and held one of my hand. Alex looked as if he was going to attack Darren for holding my hand but I stopped him. Darren used his index finger and raised my chin. My eyes followed his finger. He pulled me close to him and I felt weird. Why was he doing this.

"According to the challenge I have to listen to you right? So what do you want me to do?", Darren whispered into my ears.

I immediately walked away from his direction and stood on the benches. Both Alex and Darren were staring at me.

"You! Mr Darren Louis Gray is going to...."

A smirk appeared at my face. At that point Lara joined us and she stood next to Darren.

"Mr Darren Louis Gray will go and tell the principal of our school how bitchy and how bad she nags! Is that clear?", I exclaimed enthusiastically.

Alex and Lara burst into laughter while Darren couldn't even digest whatever I told him. That was great!

"Are you mad Nina! Have you lost it! I complimented you so much and that's what I get?", Darren whined. He was fuming in anger. The others stopped laughing.

"This is what you get when you challenge me. You have to pay the price for making me where this dress.", I shouted. He deserves it actually.

"If I don't do it then?", he asked.