Chapter 4: New Look

Nina's POV:

"What!", mum and Kathleen chorused.

I had asked Alex to drop me home and Kathleen joined us as well. All of us were sitting in the living room, worried.

"Couldn't both of you give a better reaction?",I asked them.

"See, we are in a state of shock. Why did you bet with Darren. He's insane but you? Have you lost it.", Kathleen declared. She doubted my sanity. What's wrong with everyone?

"Dear, why are you doing this to yourself. I know you wanted to challenge him but it's not right. Alex you should have stop her.", mum was perplex. What is she going to do to help me.

"Chloe I tried to stop her but she just didn't listen to me. She just went for the challenge.", Alex replied.

Everyone began to nag at me and my decision. Urgh! Could someone explain to them why I chose that decision.

"Will all of you calm down! I'll get ready tomorrow morning and it will be a new me! Just relax and leave everything on me. Is that fine?" I calmed everyone down and walked into my room.

What am I going to do! I don't even know how to look sexy. How am I going to win the challenge.

At that moment mum came into my room.

'Dear? Are you okay?', mum asked me.

'Mum I'm sorry. I'm not worth being your daughter.", I immediately broke into tears. When I couldn't handle a situation or a deal, I would just start crying.

"No sweetheart. You are worth. When you wake up tomorrow and get ready, I bet, you will look the best in school. Just stay positive.", my mum smiled at me and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

*****************************************
Next morning I woke up early. I took a short shower and stood in front of my dressing table. Today is the day! I need to dress up like a doll.

I took out all the necessary items needed and got ready. First I wore a blue lace dress that mum bought for me. It was 3 inches above my knees and I found it quite short. But it's okay. It's just for today.

I took out the make-up set and began my work. I applied glitter blue nail polish and dark red lipstick. A bit of touch up on my cheeks and obviously the eye liner was used. I then began to comb my hair. A fishtail bun would suit the mood. I walked towards my wardrobe and took out a huge jewelry box. I wore a pair of diamond earrings and a watch. On my the other hand, I wore a bracelet. I added a ribbon necklace to my dress.

I was looking.... wonderful? I guess. I took out a pair of glitter ballerina flats and packed my handbag with my phone. I wonder how are my parents going to react.

I quickly went down for breakfast and saw my parents. They were staring at me.

"Oh my! Nina you are looking beautiful. I know you would look the best! I always wanted you to look like that!", my mum commented.

Mum is always truthful so I can trust her. I had a fast breakfast and bid my parents goodbye. My driver was waiting for me as usual. I got into the car and we drove off to school.

As soon as we reached the school compound, I became more nervous. Am I going to make a mockery of myself? Oh God!

I got down the car as usual and saw the school. It's still normal. I even saw Kathleen at the courtyard. It's time. I began to walk elegantly towards the courtyard.

On the way there, I heard girls asking who was I and guys telling how hot I was looking. I guess I am looking quite good.

Kathleen saw me. She had a big smile on her face.

"Nina! You're looking hot! Not bad! Looks like Chloe did put in a lot of effort to get you dressed up this morning right?", Kathleen questioned.

She thought what! Mum didn't even help me out.

"Erh Kathleen, actually I got ready myself..."

"What! You must be joking!"

"I'm serious Kathleen..."

We continued to joke on and from the corner of my eyes I saw Darren staring at me. I excused myself from Kathleen and I began to walk towards Darren. Lara wasn't with him at that time.

"Hey Darren! How's Nina looking?", Kathleen teased him.

Darren took my wrist and pulled me close to him. Very close. Our faces were 4 inches away from each other. I wasn't sure why he did that but all I know I was feeling nervous. I looked into his eyes. I wasn't used to such behavior as Alex would never do such extreme things. I didn't wanted Darren know I was nervous so I smiled at him.

"Nina... do you know that you killed my heart today? You mesmerized me. You are extremely-", we were interrupted by Lara. She was filled with anger and I know that she was feeling jealous.

"Darren do you know if you stare at me like this I will win the bet?", I chirped. I didn't wanted to lose the bet but I knew Darren would.

"Yes..."

"So if anyone tells me that you were looking at me or if I caught you staring at me for more than 30 seconds, I'll win the challenge. Is that clear.".

Darren pulled me closer towards him and whispered into my ears," just pray for me that I could get my eyes off you".

I began to blush. I never blushed when Alex said the exact same thing. What's wrong with me!

Darren let go of me and I immediately walked away from there. Kathleen followed behind me. This was already too much to handle.

My new look was a killer.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
How's the chapter? I hopes its fine!

Enjoy it! I'll to update the next chapter fast