Chapter 9: I didn't Deserve Him

Nina's POV:

I was in my room. It was already 11pm. I was still awake. It was raining like cats and dogs outside. I was sitting by my window and looking outside. I was trying to drain out all the memories I shared with Alex. He was nothing but a cheater. I couldn't go over the fact that he cheated me.

Why couldn't I be like any other normal girl? I did gave it a try and I did succeeded. But why didn't Alex find me normal. Why didn't he felt the same way I felt for him.

Should I change my style and prove him that he was wrong about me? Maybe I should. I should teach a lesson for leaving me. For dumping me! For cheating me. For deceiving me! He deserves.

At that point someone opened my room door and came. It was my mother. She walked towards me and I quickly stood up.

"Mum! What are you doing here? You should have called me. I would have come willingly to meet you.", I chided my mum. She is very stubborn at times , you know.

"Do I need your permission just to meet my daughter? I want to know what did Alex tell you? Did he agree?", she asked me. She was smiling. But when she saw me broke down into tears, her smile disappear.

I dropped onto the floor and began to cry like a baby. My mother sat next to me and began to rub my back and hugged me.

"What happen Nina? Tell me dear!", my mother placing her head on mine.

"He rejected me. He says there's nothing special in me. He has been using me all this while. I was always wondering why did he fall in love with a girl like me. A girl that never looked sexy in her life. A girl who would usually beat boys up.", I mumbled.

I took a deep breath and continued.

"But he doesn't deserve my tears! He does not deserve me. Whoever am I, does it matter to him! I will not change myself for him. Mum! I've made my decision. I will marry the guy you will choose.", my mum pulled me into a hug. She also broke into tears after hearing me.

"You are right my dear. He does not deserve hour tears."

My mother comforted me and asked me to sleep. She gave me a kiss on my forehead and left my room.

****************************
Next morning I woke up early. Today I'm going to prove that idiot that he was wrong about me. I have the looks and the brains. I will prove to him that he's not worthy for me!

I took a quick shower and wore a V neck floral fit & flare dress. Yes dress! I need to prove that idiot. I combed my hair and tied it into a nice ponytail. I took out a pair of ballerina flats and picked up a
kate mini tote bag. It was a bag that my mum bought for me for my 16th birthday.

I was looking totally different today. A good different. I needed to prove Alex that he's just a jerk.

I went down and I saw my parents waiting for me. I wished them a great morning ahead. They asked me whether I was fine or not. I told them I was feeling better and I dressed like that for a reason. They told me that they trusted.

"Nina dear, we are going to meet my best friend's son today. His family will be meeting us. So please come home early and dress well. We will be leaving together at 6.30pm. Is that fine?", mum informed me.

I nodded and left. I asked the driver to drive us to school. It was the perfect timing when we arrived to school.

Everyone was already present. It was usually the time Darren arrives to school but sadly all the girls wouldn't be meeting him today.

I got out of the car elegantly and walked towards Kathleen. I had already told her everything last night on the phone. She was worried for me.

"I thought you wouldn't come. Thank god you came.", she chirped.

"Did you think I would waste my tears on that jerk. He doesn't deserve them."

"So why are you so decked up? Like a Christmas tree? I mean our challenge is over already!", she joked with me

"I want to prove Alex that I've moved on and he's not worthy for me.", I exclaimed in anger.

"Nina, there are other ways to prove him that you have moved on. This is the most ridiculous way to prove to him. He will think you are wanting his attention.", she explained to me. Kathleen is the only friend that I have whom would explain to me all my mistakes.

"It's okay Kathleen. Don't worry. Now let's go.".

We began to walk to our lockers when out of the blue Alex appeared in front of me. He held my shoulders. I tried to let go of his grip but he was just too strong.

"Nina, I understood my mistake. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have shouted at you. I am in love with you. I love you more than my life. I blurted out all that because I was drunk in your love. Please forgive me Nina.", he begged.

I was fuming in anger. But it was quite funny when he said 'drunk in your love'!

"Let go of me Alex...", I clenched my teeth in anger.

"Not until you forgive me.", he challenged me.

"Will you let go of me! I hate you and I will never forgive you!", I pushed him with all my force. Kathleen took out bag from me immediately. She told me to be careful. Crowds begin to gather.

"Do you think I'm some kind of doll that will agree to whatever you say. And don't ever come near me. If you ever touch me, I wouldn't hesitate to beat you up. I have already moved on.", I yelled at him.

"Nina whatever you are doing is wrong. You... you don't know who you are messing with.", he shouted.

I pulled his collar towards my face.

"My parents have already chosen a guy for me to marry. I'm meeting him today. And if you think of doing anything I will kill you. I don't deserve a guy like you. Mark my words Mr Walls, my husband will be much better than you. He will love me more than you.", I whispered.

I quickly let go of his collar and walked away. I walked towards the women's washroom. Kathleen followed me.

I broke into tears. Kathleen placed our bags on the bench. She quickly comforted me.

"Nina. Why are you crying? For that idiot! Just calm down.", she barked. I could sense her anger in her tone.

I nodded my head. After wiping my tears, we left the washroom together. We went for our first class together.

After school I went home early. I told Kathleen that I was going to meet that guy in the evening. She wished me good luck and told me to call her at night and give her the news.

My driver picked me up and drove me home. Upon reaching home, I was flabbergasted. The house was in a mess! My parents were running around like mad people.

"What's wrong with you mum? The doctor told you to rest right?", I asked her.

"Yup! But today is a big day! We are going to meet your future husband. And we need to look fabulous! Am I right?", she chirped happily.

Oh god! I need to get ready. It was already 5pm. I had an hour and half to get ready. I went to my room and jumped onto my bed. It was a big day for me so far.

I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth well. I wore a navy embellished swing dress. I combed my hair and tied it into a messy low side bun with soft side-swept bangs. I wore some cool accessories to match my dress. Then I wore my flats. But at that point mum came to the room. She stopped me from wearing those.

"Dear, your future husband is quite tall and I want you to wear a pair of heels. Here they are.", my mum passed me a pair of 4 inches stiletto heels. I have never wore heels before. It was my first time. But giving it a try wouldn't be that bad right? I feel extremely tall after wearing them. I began to practice walking in my room.

Soon, we were ready to leave. I looked at myself in the mirror. I was looking different. Maybe this is what Alex couldn't see in me at all. It's okay. I know this guy will.

I'm ready! Mentally and physically. I just hope that guy is ready as well.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

New chapter! Hope all of you would enjoy! Remember to comment and vote :)